[wheybags][0.16.21]Circumventing prod module restriction using beacons

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[wheybags][0.16.21]Circumventing prod module restriction using beacons

Post by Bilka »

A recipe that normally doesnt allow productivity can get the productivity from productivity modules used in beacons around it. I expect the machine to not receive the productivity buff if the recipe does not allow it.

To reproduce: Set the beacon allowed effects to {"consumption", "speed", "pollution", "productivity"}, build one at a centrifuge that has the kovarex enrichment process set, insert a prod module into the beacon. Machine is affected, but shouldnt be.

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

infogulch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [wheybags][0.16.21]Circumventing prod module restriction using beacons

Post by infogulch »

You shouldn't be able to put productivity modules into beacons at all.

I just tried in 0.16.21 vanilla, and there is no way to put productivity modules in the beacon.

Are you sure this isn't an issue with a mod you have installed?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

infogulch wrote:You shouldn't be able to put productivity modules into beacons at all.

I just tried in 0.16.21 vanilla, and there is no way to put productivity modules in the beacon.

Are you sure this isn't an issue with a mod you have installed?
Yes, it's technichally not possible in vanilla - the question is whether it should work when cheated/modded in.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

pyrachi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pyrachi »

I'm guessing in that scenario the correct behavior should be defined by the mod: if the mod is intended to allow productivity bonuses to effect all items, then it should allow that. If not, then it's up to the mod to restrict it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next version of 0.16.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by anarchyinc »

Great, now I've got to write a new mod to specifically allow everything to use prod. I enjoyed using that work around.
if the mod is intended to allow productivity bonuses to effect all items, then it should allow that.
Bob's has a true/false setting that would allow/disallow prod modules to effect all machines. The "fix" wasn't needed. If you turn on a cheaty option, don't complain when the cheat works as intended.
"Friends don't let friends drink & drive", "Gamers don't let gamers install steam"

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

anarchyinc wrote:Great, now I've got to write a new mod to specifically allow everything to use prod. I enjoyed using that work around.
if the mod is intended to allow productivity bonuses to effect all items, then it should allow that.
Bob's has a true/false setting that would allow/disallow prod modules to effect all machines. The "fix" wasn't needed. If you turn on a cheaty option, don't complain when the cheat works as intended.
If you dont know what you are talking about, maybe you should not talk about it and much less call out people for something that you dont have a clue about, like you put it in your mod description "Thanks to someone complaining that an optional mod functioned as intended, the devs decided to block this feature"...

No, the mod, actually, the game, did not functioned as intended! Bobs have two options, Transmit Productivity and Disable Productivity Limitation. The bug reported here is that when Transmit Productivity is enabled with Limited Productivity Limitation enabled too(default value and normal game behaviour), it ignored the productivity limitation on the item when it shouldn't since he didnt disabled productivity limitation!!!

Bugs are not features!
If you enable Transmit Productivity and set Disable Productivity Limitation to false you still have your wanted behaviour!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

nagapito wrote:If you dont know what you are talking about, maybe you should not talk about it and much less call out people for something that you dont have a clue about, like you put it in your mod description "Thanks to someone complaining that an optional mod functioned as intended, the devs decided to block this feature"...
Considering that I wasnt even talking about any particular mod, hell I didnt even mention mods, that quote is wrong and rude.

Fun fact: I reported this because of 57373, where the logic was expected to work.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”