[Rseding91] [0.16.19] "Import string" dialog closes itself in BP library

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.16.19] "Import string" dialog closes itself in BP library

Post by dgw »

I found the first blueprint string I've wanted to import in a long time, and specifically loaded a map just to put it in my local blueprint storage. When I clicked the import button, the dialog appeared for a bit then closed itself before I could paste.

Eventually I managed to open the dialog, hit Cmd-V really quick, and click the Import button to get the BP string imported, but it was all timing. The dialog kept disappearing on its own.

Platform: Mac (OS X 10.10.5, MacBookPro8,1 [early 2011 13"])

Possibly related: 57122 (so this might already be fixed for 0.16.20).

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.19] "Import string" dialog closes itself in BP library

Post by impetus maximus »

if you search the bug report area, there are multiple reports of problems with the blue prints in 0.16.19 which will be fixed in the next release.
i suggest you stick with 0.16.18 or wait for 0.16.20.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

This is still occurring in 0.16.20. I thought it would be fixed given the changelog entry, "Fixed that the cancel craft, import blueprint and blueprint book buttons didn't work."

The behavior in 0.16.20 is unchanged from 0.16.19: Clicking "Import string" opens a dialog that then closes on its own within a few seconds.

I'm going to go ahead and attach my save/mods to this thread, because this issue did not occur when tested in a freshly generated map.

I also re-saved my map in 0.16.20, quit the game completely, and started it from Steam again. Same behavior.
Attachments
mods.zip
Mods used for both save file and tested new game
(103.86 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
0.16 Noob Game r0007 - Train jam hell.zip
Save file
(49.75 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. One of the mods you're using is setting requests in a logistic requester somewhere which triggers the active GUI to update and that clears temporary windows you have open (like the import string one).

It works identically to how it has the entire 0.16 release so what ever change you've done between 0.16.18 and 0.16.19 is what's causing it.

I removed that mechanic for 0.16.21 which will cause requester logistic GUIs to not sync with the GUI when a mod sets them but I believe that's still better than what it's doing now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

I switched to experimental at 0.16.16, so the real "change" between .18 and .19 is that .19 was the first 0.16 release when I tried to import a blueprint at all.

That said, it sounds like the fix you put in is an improvement, since mods doing something in the background should probably not close GUI components. Thanks for the quick fix!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”