[16.14] Inserter freeze when placing in the middle of tile (via mod)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Meed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[16.14] Inserter freeze when placing in the middle of tile (via mod)

Post by Meed »

Describe the problem as best as you can

1)What did you do? - Place an inserter near an input(smelters/chemical plants in my case) and a belt
2)What happened? - Inserters placed items until there was no space on the belt(either the belts are full or another item going on the belt would block it at that instant) and the inserters stopped placing items
3)What did you expect to happen instead? - for the inserters to continue placing items onto the belts when the space becomes avalable
game version 16.14 (was the same on 16.06)
mods + log + save:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

some more information:

Hello,

I've installed all of the bob's mods and have encountered a pretty game breaking bug with inserters
somehow the inserters get bugged out when putting items onto the belts and just stay inactive.
The ones in the red outline are holding copper plates, but aren't doing anything with them while theres clearly space for them

however it doesn't bug out in this scenario:(all of the inserters work as normal when the space becomes avalable)

Album of the rest of the inserters which bug out in my map:
https://imgur.com/a/ZTCvM

it seems to be somehow connected to not being able to place an item when theres no space for it at that time (so an semi-empty belt with moving items might accidentally block it and make it bug out)
inserters which transfer stacks of items seem to bug out quicker.(inserters transferring 1 item at a time still bug out, stacks just make it instant/take less time for it to happen()
the bug however doesn't seem consistant because under similiar conditions some inserters bug out and others don't
theres over 200 inserters(a lot of them arent connected to belts, but theres plenty that dont bug out which fit the conditions) in my map and only 7-10 bug out

edit: tried fooling around agian and it seems to be because of the offset, not sure if the offset comes from mods or the vanilla game. (if the offset is in the center it bugs out, if its set to the top of it it doesn't bug out) ...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.14] inserters bug out when theres no space on belts

Post by bobingabout »

The offset is from my mod, however, placing in the middle of the tile(relative to the sides of the belt) is still possible in the base game as per your second example. so the issue is likely still reproducible in the base game.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.14] Inserter freeze when placing in the middle of tile (via mod)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I believe this is fixed for the next version of 0.16.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”