Logistic Robot issues - 0.16.3

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
JasonCurnow
Inserter
Inserter

Logistic Robot issues - 0.16.3

Post by JasonCurnow »

I've noticed some very odd issues with logistics robots, primarily related to distance. Some examples:

I have a yellow science factory. It has PLENTY of copper cable (76K stored in the logistics network, primarily in passive provider chests) and I have requester chests for my yellow assembling machines set to request 600 copper cables. Yet, most of my assemblers are sitting idle, since they aren't getting many cables. I'm not short on robots - I have ~1000 in this network and ~800 are idle. The only thing that has helped this situation was moving to active provider chests with a bunch of storage chests near my yellow assembling block. It's ugly, but it seems like it's working.

On that note, I can see a very clear, overwhelming distance preference. To the extent that bots will go to a chest that's just a TINY bit closer (like a few blocks) and COMPLETELY empty it without touching one that's just a bit farther away. I understand there need to be distance/proximity algorithms, but it feels like those are far too dependent on distance and not on maintaining a generally even distribution and request.

In my "science and rocket" area, I have trains bringing in rocket parts. I have two rockets, one bit further than the other. The bots DEFINITELY prefer to take items to the closer rocket pad - It has launched 50% more rockets than the other. Same settings for the requester chest, for both it and the attached satellite assemblers.

These are really kind of nusiances, save the "not delivering copper cable when there's plenty available". It just feels like there's too much emphasis on proximity and less on even distribution.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Logistic Robot issues - 0.16.3

Post by Bilka »

Update to the latest version and see if the issue persists.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, should be fine in 0.16.14

JasonCurnow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JasonCurnow »

Wait, wait. I actually have to close Factorio? *grin*

I just restarted and it updated to 0.16.15 and it's working fine now, thanks for fixing this! My factory is much happier.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”