[Dominik] [0.16.5] Desync, Rail Signal mining issue on diag track

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

[Dominik] [0.16.5] Desync, Rail Signal mining issue on diag track

Post by Sparen »

Issue: When mining rail signals on diagonal track, adjacent locations on the same track units are disabled for future signal placement.

Tested with both rail signals and chain signals. Multiplayer server running vanilla factorio with some additional informational GUIs for FactorioMMO.
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 9.09.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 9.09.06 PM.png (239.56 KiB) Viewed 2811 times
Last edited by Sparen on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.16.5] Rail Signal mining issue on diag track

Post by Dominik »

Can you please provide a save with the setup?

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

Unfortunately I cannot provide a save, as the multiplayer server has desynced me on join six times in a row now and it doesn't seem like I will be able to access the rail that showed the bug.

On a side note, when I began fooling around with the signals trying to see what was going wrong, most of the players on the server desynced out of it. I've attached the latest desync report from my attempts at connecting - maybe something in there may help.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Thank you for the report. Desync being connected with it means it is a more serious issue. The game save is a part of the desync report and I found the spot from your screenshot, so for now we are set. Still, if you can recall what exactly you were doing, let me know.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Dominik] [0.16.5] Desync, Rail Signal mining issue on diag track

Post by Xeteth »

Thought I'd chime in here and say this may be related to another bug to do with diagonal signal placement - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53013

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Dominik] [0.16.5] Desync, Rail Signal mining issue on diag track

Post by kovarex »

This one was quite tricky. It is related to the factoriommoscenarios script, which creates ghost signals of different force. The ghost signals are not visible when they have different ghost, but these are still restricting the building as if it was normal signal.

Fixed this for the next release, so ghost signals of different force will not restrict the signal placement.

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

Dominik wrote:Thank you for the report. Desync being connected with it means it is a more serious issue. The game save is a part of the desync report and I found the spot from your screenshot, so for now we are set. Still, if you can recall what exactly you were doing, let me know.
I was double tracking some rail, but my initial placement of the rail didn't allow me to have symmetric signal placement, so I moved the connection. However, I was no longer able to place the new chain signal directly across from the corresponding rail signal.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”