[0.15.35] Mod error didn't trigger minimal mode

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.35] Mod error didn't trigger minimal mode

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

Help! I've downloaded this mod, but it errors, saying that it cannot path to the graphics file for the advanced furnace fire, preventing me from loading the game, and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me. :( Any help?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Mod 0.15.33] DrugLab

Post by posila »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:Help! I've downloaded this mod, but it errors, saying that it cannot path to the graphics file for the advanced furnace fire, preventing me from loading the game, and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me. :( Any help?
Can you post screenshot of the error? It doesn't give you an option to disable erroring mods?

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:Help! I've downloaded this mod, but it errors, saying that it cannot path to the graphics file for the advanced furnace fire, preventing me from loading the game, and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me. :( Any help?
I would also be very interested in version number for the install, screenshots and any relevant information.
It is not a kind of error that I have seeen before.
I do understand that it can be frustrating to find yourself in a dead end and no way out.

As a matter of normal trouble shooting procedures I would suggest that you install the latest update of the mod again.
Then test if Factorio loads.
Then test if you can disable the mod and then test if you can uninstall.

Kind regards.

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

Shenpen wrote:
I would also be very interested in version number for the install, screenshots and any relevant information.
It is not a kind of error that I have seeen before.
I do understand that it can be frustrating to find yourself in a dead end and no way out.

As a matter of normal trouble shooting procedures I would suggest that you install the latest update of the mod again.
Then test if Factorio loads.
Then test if you can disable the mod and then test if you can uninstall.

Kind regards.
Here's a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/3376ad5683491a2847754dbdb069914d
I literally cannot load the main menu, it errors here and when I click "OK" it exits to desktop. I'm on the latest Mac OS version, latest Factorio version.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15.33] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

So you need to either top up with the missing parts - all to be found in the available download.
Or to make Factorio stop looking for the files alltogether.

If you go to /mods/modlist.json you will find a list of the mods that factorio feels obliged to look for before running the game.

You need these lines in there:

{
"name": "druglab",
"enabled": false
},

If druglab is last on list: no comma after the }
So you need to make sure that there is the correct numbers of commas separating items on the mod list there.
Then test if Factorio will run to completion of start script.

This is a good first step.

And I also would like to know what version number you installed.
And if you downloaded through the in-game interface.

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

I am unsure how to find /mods/modlist.json I am on a Mac. (Also, I will be busy for a while, so I'll try what you say later, when I have free time, so it might be a while until you get another response.)

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Cool with me.
Talk later.

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

I have been searching, and I've not found modlist.json at all. :(

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

"...and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me..."

How exactly did the mod get deleted?

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

Shenpen wrote:"...and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me..."

Huh, I didn't mean to say that, sorry. I meant that I cannot delete the mod, because I can't get into the main menu, so the game is now unplayable. Sorry for being confusing. :(

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:
Shenpen wrote:"...and deleting the mod, fully rendering Factorio unplayable for me..."

Huh, I didn't mean to say that, sorry. I meant that I cannot delete the mod, because I can't get into the main menu, so the game is now unplayable. Sorry for being confusing. :(

The thing is that doing technical support based on guesswork is not very effective.
Unless you can provide some accurate and detailed information about the problem, there is nothing I can do to help.
Please provide the needed information if you still need help.

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

I am on the default Steam version of Factorio, and I cannot access the game to determine what version of your mod I have. I am very sorry about that.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:I am on the default Steam version of Factorio, and I cannot access the game to determine what version of your mod I have. I am very sorry about that.
Can you screenshot the mod folder for your local factorio instalation?
Is there a mods folder?
Are there any files in the mod folder?
Can you download a new Factorio DrugLab files-set?
Can you unzip it to you mods folder?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:Here's a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/3376ad5683491a2847754dbdb069914d
I literally cannot load the main menu, it errors here and when I click "OK" it exits to desktop. I'm on the latest Mac OS version, latest Factorio version.
Thanks, I've fix error handling in this case and the game should give you an option to disable mods when this kind of error happens in 0.15.36

Delete ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods/druglab_1.2.0.zip to remove the mod from the game manually.

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

Shenpen wrote:
A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:I am on the default Steam version of Factorio, and I cannot access the game to determine what version of your mod I have. I am very sorry about that.
Can you screenshot the mod folder for your local factorio instalation?
Is there a mods folder?
Are there any files in the mod folder?
Can you download a new Factorio DrugLab files-set?
Can you unzip it to you mods folder?

I am on a Mac, so I cannot access that easily, if at all. When I go to the properties of the game on Steam, and look at the local files, this is all it has: https://gyazo.com/8a444c12a2b9460c623c11ad363faf64

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

posila wrote:
A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:Here's a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/3376ad5683491a2847754dbdb069914d
Thanks, I've fix error handling in this case and the game should give you an option to disable mods when this kind of error happens in 0.15.36

Delete ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods/druglab_1.2.0.zip to remove the mod from the game manually.
I'm eagerly awaiting that version, because of the reasons I said in my other reply.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting that version, because of the reasons I said in my other reply.
The update is out. You'll need to opt-into 0.15.x experimental releases to get it today: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/di ... 748424896/

A_Fall3n_Angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A_Fall3n_Angel »

posila wrote:
A_Fall3n_Angel wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting that version, because of the reasons I said in my other reply.
The update is out. You'll need to opt-into 0.15.x experimental releases to get it today: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/di ... 748424896/
Thank you and the Factorio dev team! I downloaded the update, and I can now play!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”