[Oxyd] [0.15.28] Mutiplayer - blueprints don't download

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Furcube
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.15.28] Mutiplayer - blueprints don't download

Post by Furcube »

At the start of server when there's not many people playing transfer seems to be working fine.
But for big servers with few hours of play time blueprints library is impossible to use - it will not download anything.
bp.jpg
bp.jpg (23.88 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
This is what I get when I try to download any blueprint, even smallest - with less than 10 components.
Tried several 5+ hours servers. and its the same everywhere.
Left this window open for 10+ minutes - no progress.

ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.28] Mutiplayer - blueprints don't download

Post by ActivistLime02 »

Well that must be a big server. How many people are on the server when you try to download?

Furcube
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Furcube »

In total lots of people.

But it doesn't matter how much is currently online - even when just 2 online nothing will be downloaded.

ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ActivistLime02 »

Furcube wrote:In total lots of people.

But it doesn't matter how much is currently online - even when just 2 online nothing will be downloaded.
Very unusual. Maybe it is downloading someone else his/her blueprints. On the picture says in queue.

Furcube
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Furcube »

I have spent 10+ hours on that server. And not even one blueprint was downloaded. Joined when was 10+ people online (don't remember how much really) and 8 hours of uptime.

ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ActivistLime02 »

Furcube wrote:I have spent 10+ hours on that server. And not even one blueprint was downloaded. Joined when was 10+ people online (don't remember how much really) and 8 hours of uptime.
Then I'm out of ideas. That is a long queue if that queue exists.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i can attest this is also happening on my server with just a few hours on it and it is not allowing anyone including me to download blueprints, restarting the server reset my blueprints and i can't even access them any longer :?:

headless linux
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(67.3 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
factorio-previous.log
(60.38 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
save8.zip
(10.74 MiB) Downloaded 146 times

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Are you guys are not mistaken by all the users in that list that are offline?

For the Dev's, in the beginning of blueprint library release, it completely downloaded the full thing. Then afterwards you where able to download blueprints/books from users that where offline.
Now that functionaly is improved, so you need to select a blueprint or book to download it and put it in the Que.

Why users still see all those offline users with blueprints that you can't click use. That list is BIG. but almost not usable, because almost noone of that list is online.
Is it possbile to hide those users in the list. (Or at the sorting option on Top, you can click All, or on a name Offline-with-blueprints, Offline-no-blue-prints available.)

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.15.28] Mutiplayer - blueprints don't download

Post by Philip017 »

I can add that specifically i can not download my own personal blueprints, i am player #1 and created the map, but i can not use my own blueprints, i have tried to click the blueprints and they never download, i can be the only one on the server and not use my own blueprints.

hopefully this is clear.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, the save especially made it clear what's happening. The problem is when you save the map when someone is downloading (or has queued for download) blueprints, and then load that save.

This will be fixed in 0.15.29.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

rorror wrote:Why users still see all those offline users with blueprints that you can't click use. That list is BIG. but almost not usable, because almost noone of that list is online.
Is it possbile to hide those users in the list. (Or at the sorting option on Top, you can click All, or on a name Offline-with-blueprints, Offline-no-blue-prints available.)
Oh, and I also implemented this. Unavailable blueprints simply won't be displayed at all, since they're mostly useless anyway.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Oxyd wrote:
rorror wrote:Why users still see all those offline users with blueprints that you can't click use. That list is BIG. but almost not usable, because almost noone of that list is online.
Oh, and I also implemented this. Unavailable blueprints simply won't be displayed at all, since they're mostly useless anyway.
Wow thats fast. Tnx!

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

thank you for your hard work, much appreciated

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”