[posila] CORRUPTION :(

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] CORRUPTION :(

Post by mazar83 »

Hi,

After playing on 0.14 for a while, life intervened. I recently returned and, through trial and error, was able to load my 0.14 save with a satisfactory list of mods in 0.15.x.

I began familiarizing myself with 0.15.x and the changes to the mods.

I decided I needed to deconstruct my Hard Crafting area. Unfortunately, upon selection of the entire area for deconstruction the game immediately froze. I reloaded and proceeded to assign deconstruction areas in chunks. Eventually, I found that destroying, deconstructing, or manually picking up the Electric Incinerators would cause the game to freeze.

Manually picking up the inserters adjacent to the Electric Incinerators causes the game to produce the corruption message during saving.

Manually picking up the transport belt that the inserter uses to load the Electric Incinerator causes the game to freeze.

I have many save files. I have included three here.

temp-76-robots: This is the last time I played before attempting to use 0.15.x.
temp-96-deconstruction: This is the most I could deconstruct without getting the corruption message or causing the game to freeze.
temp-97-deconstruction: This is the corrupt save?

PS: I can make blueprints of my work. Is there a way that I can start on a new world with all the resources/buildings from my previous save? That way I don’t have to start from scratch?

Thanks!
Mark
Attachments
temp-97-deconstruction.zip
2017-07-05: This is the corrupt save?
(10.52 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
temp-96-deconstruction.zip
2017-07-05: This is the most I could deconstruct without getting the corruption message or causing the game to freeze.
(10.5 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
temp-76-robots.zip
2017-04-04: This is the last time I played before attempting to use 0.15.x.
(11.14 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: CORRUPTION :(

Post by Jap2.0 »

This is an error with the mod, as it doesn't occur in vanilla. Ask for help in the modding help subform or directly contact the mod author (I don't know what mods you have or what mod is causing this issue, so I can't help). It could be an issue with their mod or with mod compatibility.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

Re: CORRUPTION :(

Post by mazar83 »

Thank you. I didn't even know about the modding forum.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] CORRUPTION :(

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Mod should not be able to corrupt the save, so it is bug in the game engine. I'll delete the thread in modding help subforum.

mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mazar83 »

Ok, is there any hope for my game?

Or, is there a way to start on a new world with all my stuff?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

The bug itself was fixed during 0.14 stabilization, but the game state was already corrupted.

Attached save should be fixed.
Attachments
50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed.zip
(10.49 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mazar83 »

Hi Posila,

I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately, your save file didn't work for me. When I tried to load your save with the same mods as before, I get this message

--------------------------------

Notice

Error while applying migration: Hard crafting:
hardCrafting_0.1.0.lua

__hardCrafting__/migrations/hardCrafting_0.1.0.
lua:3:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

--------------------------------

When I disable the Hard Crafting mod, the electric incinerators are gone but,
-removing the associated inserters and attempting a save produces the corrupt save message
-attempting to remove the associated belt causes the game to freeze
Attachments
50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed_test.zip
With Hard Crafting disabled
(10.26 MiB) Downloaded 59 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Ok, another try in fixing the save.

I probably have different version of hardCrafting than you have, that's the reason hardCrafting threw the error for you. I used the latest version available on modportal.

EDIT: Deleted the file as it was wrong one.

mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mazar83 »

First, I want to thank you again for your efforts. If you are intent on solving this problem there must be something I can do to help. Please let me know, and feel free to tell me what to do.

Did “50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed2.zip” work for you? Does the exact mod state matter? Or do I not know what I am talking about...

In any case, if you want, I am more than willing to download an exact mods list, including the correct versions. I have mods_to_file, but its output does not include versions...

I want to be as detailed as possible, so here’s an account of everything I did after downloading “50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed2.zip.”

The first thing I did was to make sure that I had hardCrafting 0.5.5, then I used “Sync mods with save.”

A) I was able to load “50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed2.zip” and the electric incinerators were present. I was able to pick up the electric incinerators and save the game without a corruption message: 50605_fixed2_testA.

B) I was able to pick up the inserters that unloaded the associated electric incinerators and save the game without a corruption message: 50605_fixed2_testB.

C) I was able to pick up the inserters that loaded the associated electric incinerators, but saving the game produced the corruption message: 50605_fixed2_testC.

D) Doing anything to the belts that the inserters grab from to load into the associated electric incinerators still causes the game to freeze. The only way to continue is to kill factorio.

FYI, I download updated mods manually from “https://mods.factorio.com.” I have several folders, including a backup of the mods I had in 0.14.
Attachments
50605_fixed2_testC.zip
(10.51 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
50605_fixed2_testB.zip
(10.5 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
50605_fixed2_testA.zip
(10.5 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I uploaded wrong file, I am sorry. Here is correct one. Including autosave when I removed incinerators, inserters and belts.
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
(10.52 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
50605_temp-96-deconstruction_fixed2.zip
(10.49 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

mazar83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mazar83 »

Hi Posila,

Both of these saves worked for me!

I was wondering, is it something I did that caused the corruption in the first place? Also, if you're so inclined to give a brief description...how did you fix it?

In any case, thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

~Mark

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I don't remember exact circumstances that caused the corruption (the original bug happened some time ago), there was a bug when a mod was explicitly activating or deactivating inserters.

I fixed the save by creating special migration logic for the broken entities. At first I did it only for the electric incinerators as I didn't realize anything inserters interact with could be in broken state.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”