[TOGos] [for 0.16] [15.21] oil, stone, uranium do not spawn with minimal settings

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [TOGos] [15.21] oil, stone, uranium do not spawn with minimal settings

Post by Frightning »

Rseding91 wrote:
Frightning wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:So is that what is happening, or is something else causing this issue? I can't tell if you are saying my guess is wrong, or if you are saying it is not a bug.

A depressing number of bugs have been called not-a-bug around here.
Well, technically they are right that it's not a bug in that 'it is working as designed/intended'. But that does NOT mean it is working as it ought to work. I certainly think it even on very low frequency+size you should still be able to find all resources outside of your start....if you look far and wide enough.
Picture this: a mod developer tweaks his resource so on very-high it spawns 1 ore per 50,000 chunks. Now you put it on very low - do you think you'll ever see it on a given map?

I personally don't consider it worth spending time on because of that exact scenario.
If the modder does that, then sure, that's their own damn fault, but right now, in vanilla 0.15, Stone, Oil, and Uranium are basically nowhere to be found outside of the starting area with low/very low settings for frequency and size (and might not appear in start at all), which makes it more or less functionally identical to the 'none' setting for size. This is what is being complained about, and I think it's a reasonable complaint (and afaik, not too hard to solve if the way in which frequency and size settings are implemented is adjusted, which can be done in a way where the default normal settings are left unchanged too).

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”