[0.15.17] Trees not marked for deconstruction

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.15.17] Trees not marked for deconstruction

Post by blueblue »

I've come across trees that werent marked for deconstruction even though there was a ghost in the same area that was placed by shift-clicking. This happens reproducibly if the blueprint is placed before the chunk has been generated; for example when using large blueprints.
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.17] Trees not marked for deconstruction

Post by Rseding91 »

There's a simple fix: don't place the blueprint before the chunk is generated :P

Seriously though: in what real-game would you ever do this? You'd have to have a blueprint that spans such an incredible area you essentially blueprinted a finished base into a brand new world.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

Yep that's pretty much what happened, someone gave me a blueprint string of one of his factories and I tried to build it using creative mode. It didnt go well and I probably wont ever do that again, although at least I managed to build it in the end.

I get that this will rarely ever happen in vanilla. :D

If this ever happens in a real game, it's one without biters and with a megabase. Or I could imagine someone trying to change the map-settings by blueprinting the factory and rebuilding it on a different map. So yeah, kinda irrelevant.
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Is it bad that now I'm wondering why a ghost can be placed on an ungenerated chunk? That might be a minor bug itself, especially if it is at the world edge and there's construction robots.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”