[0.15.10] [Hanziq] Sync mods forces download of existing mods

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.10] [Hanziq] Sync mods forces download of existing mods

Post by factoriouzr »

If enabling mods with dependencies (eg. bob's), the sync mods with save button will enable the libraries, but will auto check download for all the other mods which depend on the libraries and trying to check the enable checkbox beside these doesn't do anything. I checked and these mods don't have updates, yet the game forces me to download them again instead of just enabling them. If I uncheck the download options and restart the game and sync again, now I can just enable all the mods without having to download them again.

Also it would be great to make this list more user friendly like dragging down a column of checkboxes to set them all to what you set the first one to, or at the very least add a button for each option (enable, download, etc) for each section to toggle the entire column as all checked or all unchecked.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.10] Sync mods forces download of existing mods

Post by hoho »

factoriouzr wrote:or at the very least add a button for each option (enable, download, etc) for each section to toggle the entire column as all checked or all unchecked.
Something like this would be awesome:
Attachments
Screenshot_20170513_164510.png
Screenshot_20170513_164510.png (123.08 KiB) Viewed 1747 times

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

hoho wrote:
factoriouzr wrote:or at the very least add a button for each option (enable, download, etc) for each section to toggle the entire column as all checked or all unchecked.
Something like this would be awesome:
Yes that's what I was thinking (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47425), but just with buttons instead of checkboxes, but same idea. I am fine with both approaches.

However this issues is about a bug where the game doesn't properly enable dependent mods. It doesn't enable mods that depend on other mods that are going to be enabled and incorrectly recognizes them as needing to be downloaded, when in truth there are no updates to the mods and they are already in the mods directory on the user's computer.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Could you provide the list of mods and the save you are having problem with?

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

HanziQ wrote:Could you provide the list of mods and the save you are having problem with?
It's easy to reproduce. Add all of Bob's mods, start a new game, save it. Disable all of Bob's mods or sync with a vanilla save, restart factorio (Bob's mods are disabled now). Now try to sync mods with the previous Bob's mods save and you will see the issue. The 3 or so libraries will be checked to be enabled, and the rest of Bob's mods will be checked to download them instead of enable them.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.15.10] [Hanziq] Sync mods forces download of existing mods

Post by HanziQ »

Fixed in 15.11

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”