[0.10.2][kovarex] Robots sometimes don't repair items.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
carkasjak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.2][kovarex] Robots sometimes don't repair items.

Post by carkasjak »

I've noticed a few times that construction robots will sometimes not repair items even though there's plenty of repair packs available both in the network and in roboports, and the damaged items are well within construction range. I don't know what the cause is. Sometimes they'll repair stuff, and other times they won't.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.10.2] Robots sometimes don't repair items.

Post by ssilk »

I'm sure it will help, if you add a save to this bug, where you found this case.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Demonpriest
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Demonpriest »

I had the same/similar problem when i updated the game from 0.10.1 to 0.10.2. Stuff that was damaged in 0.10.1 and not repaired before i updated wasnt auto-repaired by the drones, they just ignored it. Deconstructing and replacing had no effect. But after manually repairing everything to to full made it work again.

carkasjak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by carkasjak »

Demonpriest wrote:I had the same/similar problem when i updated the game from 0.10.1 to 0.10.2. Stuff that was damaged in 0.10.1 and not repaired before i updated wasnt auto-repaired by the drones, they just ignored it. Deconstructing and replacing had no effect. But after manually repairing everything to to full made it work again.
That might've been it. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue again. Otherwise I would provide a save.

LightBulb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LightBulb »

I'm also having a similar issue, as showing in the screenshot below, my bots are actively repairing the wall which is under attack but ignoring the damaged segments below.

What I suspect that is happening is that I had a wall which was heavily damaged prior to the deployment of the roboports and they are ignoring the already damaged parts. Of possible note the construction bots were quite happy to deconstruct the old wall (shown here)

Additional note this is a map which was created in 0.9.8, but it is a freshly started factory in 0.10.2 (last night actually)

A link to the save

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

LightBulb wrote:What I suspect that is happening is that I had a wall which was heavily damaged prior to the deployment of the roboports and they are ignoring the already damaged parts.
That is it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.2][kovarex] Robots sometimes don't repair items.

Post by kovarex »

The problem was that bots ignored items that were build damaged (from damaged items).

Fixed for 0.10.3

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”