Game wont open

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Tox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Game wont open

Post by Tox »

I've been having and issue were I'm trying to open the game and it tells me that there and error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'fill barrel' does not exist. When loading, the game will get to 10%(loading prototypes) and then this message will pop out and the only way to close the game after this, is to hit ok when the message pops up. Any suggestions on what to do? I've tried un/reinstalling the game, and checking the rest of the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the game is currently unplayable. Btw the game was working fine the night before
Thx
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Heres the log for the game
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Screenshot of the error message
Screenshot of the error message
factoiro.PNG (31.86 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
Last edited by Tox on Sat May 06, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Game wont open

Post by Tox »

Ah sorry should of posted this in technical

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log.

Tox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tox »

Loewchen wrote:Post the log.
I posted the log. Hope it can help.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

It looks like you upgraded to the 0.15 beta then downgraded to 0.14. Steam doesn't properly handle this and leaves behind files in the install directory from the 0.15 version.

If you delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio and verify the games files with steam it should resolve the problem.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Tox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tox »

Rseding91 wrote:It looks like you upgraded to the 0.15 beta then downgraded to 0.14. Steam doesn't properly handle this and leaves behind files in the install directory from the 0.15 version.

If you delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio and verify the games files with steam it should resolve the problem.
It worked. Thanks so much :D

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phasma Felis »

Rseding91 wrote:It looks like you upgraded to the 0.15 beta then downgraded to 0.14. Steam doesn't properly handle this and leaves behind files in the install directory from the 0.15 version.

Thanks for this. I was getting the same error, and it looks like Steam opted me out of the 0.15 beta without asking. This explains why I found an "Install" button instead of "Play" and had to reinstall...it was helpfully installing 0.14. :-/

I fixed it by just opting in again and letting it update itself back to 0.15. That may be easier than deleting and verifying, if anyone else has this problem.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”