[0.10.0] Autosave Bad Allocation

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Riversand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.0] Autosave Bad Allocation

Post by Riversand »

Heya . I get an annoying bad allocation with Factorio that is hindering my attempts at playing, that happens somewhat commonly with AUtosaving, Bad allocations... Not sure what from, but it happens when autosaves try to trigger, thus deleting an old autosave. I can not do manual saves once they kick in, as i figured out the first-time. I do have mods, though it had started without them, they appear to have no impact on the issue.

erikem
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Autosave Bad Allocation

Post by erikem »

0.10.0 indeed had such a bug https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =11&t=4161 but it has been fixed in 0.10.1

I'd suggest you try latest (0.10.2) version maybe isntalling it in a different folder just in case you want to preserve your 0.10.0 and see if the issues persists.

Riversand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Riversand »

I am currently unable to access the latest versions so far, As I am using a shadow copy, and my gracious provider hasn't been on lately. Basically someone is letting me 'borrow' his copy, till i pay for my own... which will be done soon as i can afford it.

Riversand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Riversand »

Also, a note, the issue you linked was not related to auto-saves or saving in general type bad allocations.

erikem
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by erikem »

Well I've had this bad allocation save issue and it basically occured at any next save after certain something hapened that corrupted the game. This "next save" in many cases was "autosave" and indeed was corrupting the file.

Riversand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Riversand »

I was able to get past the issue somehow, with another game, that i finished to completion. I got some further auto-save, as well, so it;s not fully corrupt, i think, but are you suggesting i just start over?

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

Mine just corrupted as well. Guess I need to move to the newer updates.

Riversand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Riversand »

I updated now that my provider got online... I was also forced to uninstall F-mod, so i do not know which part did the trick, but i am on 0.10.2 now.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This should have been fixed in 0.10.2 already. If you are having this in 0.10.2 then please speak up:)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I have frequently Bad allocation error when I want to save game or autosave.
Factorio 0.10.2-3 (32bit)

Also I have in-game message about unable to load sprite (640x480) because not enough video memory or similar error but 2048x2048 (and game crash). I have 2GB on GPU and GPU-Z is showing that while playing only 600MB on video ram is used.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Is Factorio using the correct video card?

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Neotix wrote:I have frequently Bad allocation error when I want to save game or autosave.
Factorio 0.10.2-3 (32bit)

Also I have in-game message about unable to load sprite (640x480) because not enough video memory or similar error but 2048x2048 (and game crash). I have 2GB on GPU and GPU-Z is showing that while playing only 600MB on video ram is used.
This bug happened when opening or saving a game. Did I understand it correctly that for you Factorio crashes even before main menu shows?
Also, 2GB is not much... How much available physical memory does task manager show? What mods are you using?
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”