[15.3] Crash on connecting rolling stock on: "RollingStock::Carriage::setRailState"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Aidiakapi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[15.3] Crash on connecting rolling stock on: "RollingStock::Carriage::setRailState"

Post by Aidiakapi »

Hard crash when connecting rolling stock.
No mods used.
Steps to reproduce:
  • Place track north to south.
  • Place locomotive facing north at the top.
  • Place a reversed locomotive a bit more than a cargo wagon away below the top one.
  • Place cargo wagon in between, it shows it'll connect both.
  • Disconnect the cargo wagon using V.
  • Reconnect the cargo wagon using G, crashes the game.
Out of my 12 attempts to reproduce, it crashed roughly 3 times.
Some hunches I have regarding what I maybe have done differently when it did crash:
  • The exact distance between the two locomotives may be a cause.
  • When it crashed I pressed V multiple times, when it didn't crash, it'd say that it was disconnected twice, when it did crash, it'd say there's no rolling stock to disconnect the second time I pressed V.
  • The exact position at which I built the track varied, maybe it's on a chunk boundary.
I do not think it's save-game related, but I've attached it anyways. Here are some screenshots I used for building it: https://imgur.com/a/KLizd

Most important part from stacktrace log (for searchability):

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-orhc3f\src\entity\rollingstock.cpp (890): RollingStock::Carriage::setRailState
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-orhc3f\src\entity\rollingstock.cpp (580): RollingStock::tryToConnect
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-orhc3f\src\entity\rollingstock.cpp (385): RollingStock::tryToConnect
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-orhc3f\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (2032): GameActionHandler::connectRollingStock
Attachments
train_crash_bug_report.zip
(6.75 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
factorio-current.log
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.3] Crash on connecting rolling stock on: "RollingStock::Carriage::setRailState"

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”