[0.15.2] Client crashing servers (and solo games)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
twinotter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.2] Client crashing servers (and solo games)

Post by twinotter »

My client appears to be crashing all servers that I connect to. It also crashes solo games that I create.

This just started happening in the last 20 minutes or so. I've tried connecting to a number of servers. Connection completes and I start to play the game. Within a moment, I lose connection and the server stops responding. I've found the server restarting and immediately the same thing happens.

I tried creating solo games and immediately get "unexpected error" crash. This happens immediately after dismissing the dialogs at the start of the game with the Tab key.

"factorio-current-solo-crash.log" file is the current log from a solo game. Just selected New Game, "Default" and started it.
factorio-current-solo-crash.log
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
"factorio-current.log" file is a crash log from a server game.
factorio-current.log
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
The server game log doesn't show much, but the solo crash shows a stack trace where the crash is occurring. I think I noticed this started after loading some old save-games in order to harvest some blueprints for current games.

(Sorry about the games I seem to have inadvertently killed!)

Let me know if you want other crash information.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Client crashing servers (and solo games)

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report.
This should be fixed in 0.15.3 (later today).

You can delete blueprint-storage.dat in %APPDATA%\Factorio to wipe blueprint library and workardound the issue immediatelly.

Please note even in 0.15.3 you might crash if you hover over "bad" blueprint in blueprint library. That will be fixed later.

By "bad" blueprint I mean any blueprint created on non-player force (probably in PvP scenario, or some other scenario with custom forces)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”