[0.14.23] Desync placing blueprint with roboport

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SIGSEGV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.23] Desync placing blueprint with roboport

Post by SIGSEGV »

Playing on Linux (Ubuntu 16.10, downloaded via Steam) and connecting to a headless server (Ubuntu 16.04.02). No mods active. This issue did not occur in 0.14.22.

First saw this on a world that had been created on 0.14.22. Existing blueprints with roboports caused an immediate desync when I tried to place them, as did new blueprints with roboports (the blueprint did not take effect). Another player on the server (running Windows+Steam, I believe) did not have the same issue, unless I created the blueprint and gave it to him. When he created a roboport blueprint and gave it to me, I would still desync on place; when I returned it to him, he did not desync when using it.

I had the same issue when I created a new world with the default settings, created a single-roboport blueprint and tried to place it. The desync report zip from this run is attached. (It appears to contain the save-file and log-file, so I haven't attached them separately; let me know if you need them as well.)

The issue does not seem to occur in singleplayer (though I tested only the basic case). I haven't tested on any 0.15.x version.

EDIT: Train stops appear to have the same problem.

ble
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.23] Desync placing blueprint with roboport

Post by ble »

same bug occured

svalorzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by svalorzen »

Same thing happened here, desyncs every time.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Is this new to 0.14.23? You didn't have these desyncs in 0.14.22?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Also reported here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45499
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

SIGSEGV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SIGSEGV »

Yes, this is new to 0.14.23 and did not occur on 0.14.22.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

With or without mods loaded it is the same for me... Work around I found has been to hold Shift and place the blueprints.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you reproduce the desync on a brand new 50x50 limited size map in 0.14.23 or in 0.15.5?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SIGSEGV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SIGSEGV »

Reproduced on a fresh 50x50 world in 0.14.23; desync report attached. Shift-clicking allowed me to place it without a desync--thanks HOSH (I thought I had tried that, but I guess I didn't).

Tried to reproduce on 0.15.6 (figured you'd want the latest, let me know if not), but it did NOT occur. I'm going to poke at it a little more and will let you know if I find a way to reproduce there.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

SIGSEGV wrote:Reproduced on a fresh 50x50 world in 0.14.23; desync report attached. Shift-clicking allowed me to place it without a desync--thanks HOSH (I thought I had tried that, but I guess I didn't).

Tried to reproduce on 0.15.6 (figured you'd want the latest, let me know if not), but it did NOT occur. I'm going to poke at it a little more and will let you know if I find a way to reproduce there.
That desync report doesn't contain the reference level (the server end of the desync). What are the steps you're doing to reproduce the desync?

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Your welcome, currently testing this some (on the online SigmaD game), sorry not vanilla playing, a bobs mod plus few others and 0.14.23 fixed the normal just running around desyncs we were seeing, but the blueprint desync seems anything related to the below items if you see the same things in vanilla:

both rails signal and rail chain signal (almost every time)
rail stops including LTN stops as based off vanilla item (almost every time)
underground belt connections with existing half tunnel already placed (hit and miss, but more than not it desyncs)
roboports (hit and miss, but more than not it desyncs)

SIGSEGV, if you want to share or upload your 50X50 world save I can test some as well on it.

Thought about creating a test world, but have not had time with our goal is to be done with our SigmaD game by the time 0.15 is stable and bobs get 0.15 updated and tweaked, as it will not upgrade well. Factory block/city block design is taking more time than we thought to get into mid game, but better than the lag of 50+ wide main bus.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

HOSH wrote:Your welcome, currently testing this some (on the online SigmaD game), sorry not vanilla playing, a bobs mod plus few others and 0.14.23 fixed the normal just running around desyncs we were seeing, but the blueprint desync seems anything related to the below items if you see the same things in vanilla:

both rails signal and rail chain signal (almost every time)
rail stops including LTN stops as based off vanilla item (almost every time)
underground belt connections with existing half tunnel already placed (hit and miss, but more than not it desyncs)
roboports (hit and miss, but more than not it desyncs)

SIGSEGV, if you want to share or upload your 50X50 world save I can test some as well on it.

Thought about creating a test world, but have not had time with our goal is to be done with our SigmaD game by the time 0.15 is stable and bobs get 0.15 updated and tweaked, as it will not upgrade well. Factory block/city block design is taking more time than we thought to get into mid game, but better than the lag of 50+ wide main bus.
There's no way those entities are all broken or we would have a constant flood of desync reports and nobody would be able to play MP :P That just leaves 1 thing: one or more of the mods you're using is not MP correct.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Rseding91 wrote:There's no way those entities are all broken or we would have a constant flood of desync reports and nobody would be able to play MP :P That just leaves 1 thing: one or more of the mods you're using is not MP correct.
Or mayby not many people play 0.14.23 in MP :/

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

posila wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:There's no way those entities are all broken or we would have a constant flood of desync reports and nobody would be able to play MP :P That just leaves 1 thing: one or more of the mods you're using is not MP correct.
Or mayby not many people play 0.14.23 in MP :/
Lol, unknown as we are just trying to finish the game we started on a stable release... I am not ruling out the mods as an issue at all, just 2 of the items on my list line up with his in the OP... Just stating what I have seen so far if SIGSEGV sees the same on his 0.14.23 test world. And I figure if I have time a weekend I may get to test what I have seen so far on a Vanilla 50X50, but l have not yet had time.

SIGSEGV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SIGSEGV »

I see a desynced-level.zip in the report I submitted, but I take it that's not the reference level. Is the desync report supposed to contain the reference level? I see only one "level.zip"-looking file in each desync report I get, out of 5 files total (info.json, replay.dat, log.txt, desynced-level.zip, level-init.dat).

In case it helps, here's another desync report along with the two files that looked potentially relevant from the server side (factorio-current.log and the level zip). Would have provided just the server-side to match what I already posted, but I had managed to accidentally clobber it already...

Steps to reproduce:
0. Use a dedicated server running on Linux and a Linux client obtained via Steam, both version 0.14.23.
1. Create and start new world on dedicated server. (I used the example map-gen-settings.json, edited to be 50x50.)
2. Start the client and connect to the server.
3. Give myself a blueprint and a roboport using the Lua console.
4. Place the roboport.
5. Copy the roboport with the blueprint.
6. Try to place the blueprint. Immediate desync. Upon resyncing, the blueprint place has not taken effect.

In the report I posted this time, I tried to place the blueprint three times in a row in order to trigger a disconnect and leave the server state at as close to the instant of the last desync as possible (no clue if that helps). The client-side report should be from the third and final desync.

Removing the roboport before trying to place the blueprint doesn't seem to help (so it doesn't seem to have to do with there being an existing logistics/construction network there). Shift-clicking with an actual roboport (in order to create a ghost) does not desync.

HOSH, I tried those other entities, but none of them gave me a problem. I've only ever seen this with a roboport and with a train stop (though I haven't tested every other entity in the vanilla game), and for both of those items it consistently desyncs every time I try to place the blueprint without shift-clicking. The 50x50 world (test.zip) is inside desync-serverside.zip if you want to try it, but there's nothing special that I can tell about it (i.e. the world itself doesn't seem to be in a funny state).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you have a windows machine you could test it on? The Linux desync report creation in 0.14 doesn't actually work so every desync report is missing the reference level making them useless.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

SIGSEGV's steps desync also on non-Steam Windows build, ... and desync report is differs only in random number generator, and it doesn't find anything when trying same steps in heavy mode.
Something's wrong with buildability check fix we backported to 0.14.23

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

SIGSEGV, thanks for the map and testing the items. Maybe situational or one of the mods, I will test with the map this weekend if I have time.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

HOSH wrote:SIGSEGV, thanks for the map and testing the items. Maybe situational or one of the mods, I will test with the map this weekend if I have time.
We found the problem and it's not mod related.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Thanks I will hold off then.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”