[Kovarex] Tech price multiplier doesn't work with infinite research

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
hanli427
Inserter
Inserter

[Kovarex] Tech price multiplier doesn't work with infinite research

Post by hanli427 »

Some of the technologies, specifically those with formula based costs, such as mining productivity and infinite research, are unaffected by the price multiplier from game setup.

Also, the technology difficulty setting, normal or expensive, doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something, or did you decide to pass on that in favor of the simple price multiplier?

I don't know if this one is a bug or intended, but some technologies have an extra multiplier for science beakers in the cost. For instance automation 2 requires 40 red beakers * 2, and high ranks of stack inserter bonus has such multipliers on science packs 1, 2 and 3. But if it is intended, why only those? I couldn't find any other that did it, but it would not be such a bad idea if techs required more of the cheap science packs, compared to the expensive ones. The red and green beakers are so cheap in the late game.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cost of some techs not scaling with price multiplier

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Some technologies deliberately have some packs required more than others, such as railway.

The price modifier only affects the count of these packs required, the 'x10' at the end

hanli427
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hanli427 »

I am not sure you got the main problem I was referring to, or maybe I shouldn't have brought up two issues in one post. The main bug I reported was that some techs have the same cost, regardless of the price multiplier. For instance Mining Productivity 1 costs 100 each of red and green science, regardless of the multiplier. All infinite techs are unaffected by the price multiplier as well. You don't seem to apply it to techs whose cost is determined by formula.

The issue with the extra multiplier on some of the packs, such as automation 2 and railway was a separate thing. Also, you didn't respond to the question about tech difficulty setting, normal or expensive, there doesn't seem to be any difference between those two.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

hanli427 wrote:I am not sure you got the main problem I was referring to, or maybe I shouldn't have brought up two issues in one post. The main bug I reported was that some techs have the same cost, regardless of the price multiplier. For instance Mining Productivity 1 costs 100 each of red and green science, regardless of the multiplier. All infinite techs are unaffected by the price multiplier as well. You don't seem to apply it to techs whose cost is determined by formula.

The issue with the extra multiplier on some of the packs, such as automation 2 and railway was a separate thing. Also, you didn't respond to the question about tech difficulty setting, normal or expensive, there doesn't seem to be any difference between those two.
Right, sorry about that

At the moment the expensive and normal technology difficulties are the same, we haven't had time to work on the new settings

And i can confirm that the price multiplier isn't working for infinite technologies

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Tech price multiplier doesn't work with infinite research

Post by UberWaffe »

For what it is worth, in the mod I am busy updating I managed to get this working for the formulas by simply wrapping the formula.

Code: Select all

if (unitCopy.count_formula ~= nil) then
				unitCopy.count_formula = multiplier.prefix .. unitCopy.count_formula .. multiplier.postfix
			end
Where the prefix is something like "2*(" and the postfix is something like")"
I.e. simply take the formula and just multiply by 2 (or whatever the factor is).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tech price multiplier doesn't work with infinite research

Post by orzelek »

I would also think that few techs - the real basics like automation and logistics - could be maybe exepmted from multiplier.
Crafting 100's of red science by hand might not be the most fun experience... and you might need them to get assembler.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Kovarex] Tech price multiplier doesn't work with infinite research

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”