[0.15.1] Train Stop Reading Train Contents All The Time

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Mathwayb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.1] Train Stop Reading Train Contents All The Time

Post by Mathwayb »

I looked but couldn't find anything related this this oddity in the bug report forums as of writing this.

Train Stops appear to be reading the trains contents when connected to a circuit network even when the "read train contents" checkbox is unchecked. This can be fixed when the train is at the station by checking, then un-checking, the "read train contents" checkbox, but if the train leaves and returns it reads the contents again if the checkbox is unchecked. Moreover the train stop only reads the contents once, and does not update to show the correct amounts of items in the train as they change, when the checkbox is unchecked. If the "read train contents" checkbox IS checked then the contents show, and update as they change, as expected.

Screenshots follow:
Contents of train wagon
Contents shown in circuit network
Current Train Stop Settings
Circuit Network after checking, then unchecking, Read Train Contents

BillH
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.1] Train Stop Reading Train Contents All The Time

Post by BillH »

I see this as well. My smelter stacker has train stops that are supposed to force the trains to wait until a copper or iron ore signal of 1 is sent, but since the contents of the train are being sent to the station now I had to change the signals to iron and copper plates to keep the trains from clogging up my smelter.

xyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[15.1] Train stops always report wagon content

Post by xyro »

Merged with existing Bug report --daniel34

When connecting a train stop with a circuit wire, it will always report the trains content, regardless of the "read train contents" setting.
Pretty sure it is only supposed to read train content, when enabling "read train contents"

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.1] Train Stop Reading Train Contents All The Time

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is fixed for the next version of 0.15 :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”