[0.10.0][k] Construction Bots Place Damaged Items at Full HP

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
fishlips13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.0][k] Construction Bots Place Damaged Items at Full HP

Post by fishlips13 »

Essentially, if you deconstruct a damaged building then place it back down (using bots) it receives a free heal. I've tried this with a dozen different buildings and they all work the same way.

How to Reproduce:
1. Deconstruct a damaged building with a bot
2. Place the building using a bot with no full health buildings in supply for the bot to draw upon

If your bots are using repair packs to passively fix stuff around your factory this issue is barely noticeable because anything that takes damage will be fixed up before you ever get chance to deconstruct it. It becomes more of an issue when base crawling or if you're just a scumbag and want to cheat your way into free resources by micromanaging deconstruction/construction getting free heals to buildings without repair packs. :P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I first noticed this when base crawling to clear out some of the larger Biter nests late game. I set down a line of walls using a blueprint ahead of my current turret protection wall, the bots take walls from a storage chest and place them. Then I have the bots deconstruct the previous wall using the deconstruction blueprint, they take the damaged walls that the biters have been biting back to the storage chest, and I move my turrets up. After this, if I look into the storage chest there's a dozen stacks of walls with various HP values. Now, if I send my bots to build more walls and there's no full health walls to use from the supply chest, the bots take the damaged ones and place them down, but they place them at full health.

chlue
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Construction Bots Place Damaged Items at Full H

Post by chlue »

Hm given how inefficient it is to use repair packs on walls I am tempted to call this a highly desired feature instead of a bug. ;)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This isn't a bug. :)

The heal isn't free: The bots take repair packs to heal. Put some repair packs in a provider or storage chest and they can take the packs by themselves.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

chlue wrote:Hm given how inefficient it is to use repair packs on walls I am tempted to call this a highly desired feature instead of a bug. ;)
The hp/repair cost modifier should be introduced instead :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.0][k] Construction Bots Place Damaged Items at Ful

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the notice, it is fixed for 0.10.2 now.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.0][k] Construction Bots Place Damaged Items at Ful

Post by kovarex »

I also added the modifier, walls are now repaired twice the fast (and cheaper) than before.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”