[0.14.21][posila] Entity ghosts on other forces

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.14.21][posila] Entity ghosts on other forces

Post by Articulating »

Turns out that having entity ghosts on other forces causes some issues. We use entity ghosts on our Admin force so that we can see who mined certain objects, to combat griefing. Mostly this works well, except in some cases on the player force. For example, when an electric pole is in your cursor and you are placing it wires will appear that lead to nowhere. Another problem is that ghosts on another force seem to block underground belt connections. Possibly there are other issues too, but these are the most prominent ones that I have seen and if they could be fixed that would be very helpful.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.21] Entity ghosts on other forces

Post by Rseding91 »

Electric poles and belts are specifically setup to connect to any forces entities which is why you see the behavior you're seeing. That's by design.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

The electric pole one is not a big deal because it doesn't actually change how it works. But the underground belt behaviour means that ghost underground belts are invisible barriers. It just doesn't make sense, why do underground belts connect to ghosts?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Articulating wrote:It just doesn't make sense, why do underground belts connect to ghosts?
It's because of cases like this: viewtopic.php?t=22720

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Imho, wire rendering should be easily fixable.

And I don't think it is right to underground belt pieces to connect if they are not on the same force. If we ever are going to do research to increase connection distance, this would be an issue anyway. I'll run it by kovarex.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”