[14.8] Desync, no mods.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[14.8] Desync, no mods.

Post by bor »

we have a headless server (no mods-14.8) after a while every time anyone joins he gets in a desync loop. until the server is restarted.
it is also random when this happens, i haven't managed to find a way to reproduce it intentionally.

SchrodingersCat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [14.8] Desync, no mods.

Post by SchrodingersCat »

Not sure if this will help but try increasing the latency on the host machine before you load the map fully. Roughly about 500ms seems to be a sweet spot. Gets a bit laggy with vehicles and combat but it worked in my case.

I only discovered this while also playing vanilla with my buddy who has a robot fetish. Once we got a few scores of those things flying around we started getting desync errors back to back every couple minutes and realized that it went almost completely away when we took the robots offline. We thought we'd have to play without them until I learned that latency could be changed (I'd never hosted before). We also had intermittent desyncs even prior to robots, once every hour or so. Once we learned about the latency setting and put it up to 500ms we haven't had a problem since, and now we have a few hundred robots going on top of that. Still no issues. just don't drive anything fast, steering is a bitch!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

SchrodingersCat wrote:Not sure if this will help but try increasing the latency on the host machine before you load the map fully. Roughly about 500ms seems to be a sweet spot. Gets a bit laggy with vehicles and combat but it worked in my case.

I only discovered this while also playing vanilla with my buddy who has a robot fetish. Once we got a few scores of those things flying around we started getting desync errors back to back every couple minutes and realized that it went almost completely away when we took the robots offline. We thought we'd have to play without them until I learned that latency could be changed (I'd never hosted before). We also had intermittent desyncs even prior to robots, once every hour or so. Once we learned about the latency setting and put it up to 500ms we haven't had a problem since, and now we have a few hundred robots going on top of that. Still no issues. just don't drive anything fast, steering is a bitch!
0.14 has no latency setting. It's calculated and set automatically based off the connection quality of the peer. Also the latency setting has nothing to do with desyncs even pre 0.14.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I made a determinism fix that is probably related to this case as well so I'm moving it to fixed for 0.14.10

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”