[0.9.6] Unconnected curved rails in same block

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
inthev01d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.9.6] Unconnected curved rails in same block

Post by inthev01d »

I have two tracks placed closely together, one for each direction, like in openTTD, with signals placed in certain intervals to allow for multiple trains driving in the same direction.
This works great for straight tracks, but at the curves both rails are in the same block. So if there's a train driving in one direction in the curve, a signal on the other side turns red and if there's another train going in the opposite direction it has to stop and wait for the first train to exit the section with the curve. I never had any collisions happen even if there were two trains in the curved section.

Normally that's not a problem and it can be entirely avoided by placing the tracks apart by another sqare, but i had deadlocks in some cases and it looks like it's not intended to be this way.
Save with examples attached. Closely placed tracks with wrong signal state north of the player, more distant tracks with correct signals south.

Since the save is ~6MB and this board allows only attachments up to 1MB I uploaded it to some file sharing site (hope that's ok):
http://www.file-upload.net/download-876 ... d.zip.html

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.9.6] Unconnected curved rails in same block

Post by ssilk »

Eventually it is red, because the train is able to hit a train in the reverse direction?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

Collision box of curved rail goes over another segment, therefore it connects blocks. I think, collision box was made wider to prevent building other than rails too close.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, we will have to either change the bounding box, or solve this one special issue manually, but we would like to avoid doing change of this type for the stable candidate, so I'm moving this to known issues.
I also made ticked for 0.10 to find a solution, until than, tight curves should be avoided.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”