Inserters get stuck.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Inserters get stuck.

Post by ficolas »

When the amount of items to get stored inside a assembling machine is bigger than what it needs, the inserter gets stuck with the stack size bonus.
You need a recipe that needs more items in the buffer than the stack can hold (none in vanilla) ex: the umd in my mod, then put a inserter to insert stuff when the stacksize is at least 2, when the buffer in the machine+the items in the inserter hand are higher than the stacksize (ex: 127 iron plates in buffer, 2 in the inserter), the inserter gets stuck, wich is really annoying, because I need to use more than one provider chest for the assembler.

Doesnt happen in vanilla but I would consider it a bug.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Inserters get stuck.

Post by slpwnd »

I still don't exactly follow what the issue is ... Could you provide definition of the recipe and steps needed to reproduce this please?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

slpwnd wrote:I still don't exactly follow what the issue is ... Could you provide definition of the recipe and steps needed to reproduce this please?
Load this game with the one simple mod - it adds a single new chest with a recipe of 49 steel plates and 49 stone.

Simply install the one mod and load the save game then set the recipe in the assembler to the "Heavy Chest" and watch it get stuck.

The mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nepn4c512nab2 ... Chests.zip
The save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgvyly6kys7h9 ... -stuck.zip

The basic issue:

Inserters when inserting into an assembler should not move more than *stack size of item to be moved* - *count of item to be moved currently in assembler*.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

This has been fixed for a long time

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”