[0.13.6] Trains Crash into Gates

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
fandingo
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.6] Trains Crash into Gates

Post by fandingo »

I've never seen this issue before, so it appears to be new in 0.13.

In some of my outposts, the trains have to make a sharp turn before approaching a gate. The logic for lowering a gate doesn't work in this situation, and the train crashes into the gate. This PAX station (where the train is) always experiences this problem:

See how it crashes:

Note how the gate is lowering, but not fast/early enough.

I tried moving the signals just south of the gate up two squares (between turrets and gate), and the train still hits the gate.

Perhaps the gate can't correctly estimate when it should lower if there's a sharp turn right before the gate. Maybe the high-speed of a short train exacerbates the issue. That being said, I've never seen a crash *entering* any of these 3 stations (or any others), and the turn sharpness is close to the same (although a slightly longer straight before the gate). Additionally, the two 1-3-1 train stations to the north don't hit the gate. It's only this high-speed PAX train that has to make a sharp corner.
Last edited by fandingo on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.4] Trains Crash into Gates

Post by Loewchen »

I think the gate is actually crashing in the train: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27682
Update the game, if it is still crashing afterwards let me know, post the save and I'll reopen it.
Dup.

fandingo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fandingo »

I think this is a separate issue. First, I'm running 0.13.4, which has this fix. Second, the train doesn't get stuck. It keeps moving and damages the gate. Third, in the pics in the linked thread, the gate is up (red lights on gate) when the train collided. In my case, the gate is almost down and has green lights.

Actually, I'm running 0.13.6.

Edit: Attached save.
Attachments
train city.zip
(21.37 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

fandingo wrote:I think this is a separate issue. First, I'm running 0.13.4, which has this fix. Second, the train doesn't get stuck. It keeps moving and damages the gate. Third, in the pics in the linked thread, the gate is up (red lights on gate) when the train collided. In my case, the gate is almost down and has green lights.
Agreed, seems to be a tiny bit to fast for the gate. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] Trains Crash into Gates

Post by TruePikachu »

Tiny nitpick, but it feels like the block signal into the branch line might cause deadlocks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

I can confirm the issue:

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

Ah funny!

It's not a new glitch at least, because it has been happening to me ever since I got the game two months ago.

It's actually the other way around for me! In my current game, the problem of trains bumping the gates corrected itself after updating to 0.13 (thanks to the new train size adjustment), but I see the problem can still occur in certain situations. 0.13 fixed it for me, but caused it for you!

I sure hope this will eventually get fixed properly. Losing speed and repair kits all the time isn't exactly efficient :D Plus, the bots are more vulnerable when they're constantly repairing the outer gates.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”