[0.13.6] Small Pump & Storage Tank Clipping Error

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.6] Small Pump & Storage Tank Clipping Error

Post by Xeteth »

It is possible to run behind a small pump connected to a Storage tank as shown in the gif below. I tested the other tank orientation and found that this error does not occur except on the sides shown.

Also tested with refinery and chemical plant and it seems this error only occurs on the storage tank.

Edit: Image link not working for some reason, try this: http://imgur.com/d5ky1j2

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] Small Pump & Storage Tank Clipping Error

Post by Xeteth »

Loewchen wrote:Duplicate of: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=20794
I read that duplicate thread and I am not sure that a solution wouldn't be possible. The other thread is about walking in between storage tanks, whereas this is specifically about the storage tank and small pump entity. It seems to me that this would be possible to fix by adjusting the pump hitbox to be that of the pipe since pipes that are connected cannot be walked through like this.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Xeteth wrote: I read that duplicate thread and I am not sure that a solution wouldn't be possible. The other thread is about walking in between storage tanks, whereas this is specifically about the storage tank and small pump entity. It seems to me that this would be possible to fix by adjusting the pump hitbox to be that of the pipe since pipes that are connected cannot be walked through like this.
Well...ok.
Small pump collision box

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Known thing, won't fix.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] (now 0.14.21) Small Pump & Storage Tanks

Post by rolfl »

In 0.14.21 the behaviour is inconsistent with this bug description, and internally inconsistent as well.

I would consider this to be a bug, inconsistency is never "OK". I would expect consistent behaviour with the pumps/tanks. One of the following should be true:
  • You can never walk between pumps and tanks
  • You can always walk between pumps and tanks
  • You can walk between tanks and "out" pumps
  • You can walk between tanks and "in" pumps
In 0.14.21 the state is inconsistent though:

You can only walk between tanks and "Out" pumps when the out pump is pointing down, or to the left

You cannot walk between tanks and pumps if the pump is an "in" pump, or "out" pumps pointing up or right.

Here's a collision box capture showing (with green arrows) the places you can walk through....
Collision boxes.PNG
Collision boxes.PNG (273.18 KiB) Viewed 2216 times

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”