[0.9.3] Energy consumption

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.9.3] Energy consumption

Post by DRBLN »

There is something wrong

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.9.3] Energy consumption

Post by DRBLN »

The same game a bit later:

Saved game
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87127053/Energy.zip

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Is that bug caused by mods?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Anyway, what is the bug? Is it that the total production doesn't match the production of steam engines?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex wrote:Anyway, what is the bug? Is it that the total production doesn't match the production of steam engines?
Try to open the electric production screen a bunch of times, sometimes it displays the real number multiplied by 1000, so if it 1MW it may display 1GW.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

MMmmm I cant seem to reproduce what I saw the other day, I tried in modded with my mod, without my mod and with lots of mods, but nothing D:

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

kovarex wrote:Anyway, what is the bug? Is it that the total production doesn't match the production of steam engines?
1) 1 mining drill should consume ~ 90kw.
So, 7 mining drills should consume 630 kw

However, in the 1st screenshot you see, that they consume 161 MW!!! That's a wrong figure.

2) At the same time, total consumption is less, than 1 MW.
Seems illogical.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I couldn't really reproduce it as it is on the screenshot (the consumption numbers looked reasonable). I have tried the provided save specifically with F-mod and Dytech. However in that save the output was showing 3.2 GW which was obviously wrong. That was a bug and it is now fixed for 0.9.4. It could fix the consumption numbers as well but I would like to test it on a reproducible scenario so If someone has specific steps to reproduce this then please write them down.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

slpwnd wrote:I couldn't really reproduce it as it is on the screenshot (the consumption numbers looked reasonable). I have tried the provided save specifically with F-mod and Dytech. However in that save the output was showing 3.2 GW which was obviously wrong. That was a bug and it is now fixed for 0.9.4. It could fix the consumption numbers as well but I would like to test it on a reproducible scenario so If someone has specific steps to reproduce this then please write them down.
I noticed what the problem was, I had a entity, that didnt comsume energy, but in the script, I was doing every tick entity.energy=entity.energy-1000, so it was allways compsuming energy, and it showed really weird values, it is with the f-mod, and not even the released version, I dont know what was the problem when I did it in vanilla, I guess it was the other bug.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ficolas wrote:
slpwnd wrote:I couldn't really reproduce it as it is on the screenshot (the consumption numbers looked reasonable). I have tried the provided save specifically with F-mod and Dytech. However in that save the output was showing 3.2 GW which was obviously wrong. That was a bug and it is now fixed for 0.9.4. It could fix the consumption numbers as well but I would like to test it on a reproducible scenario so If someone has specific steps to reproduce this then please write them down.
I noticed what the problem was, I had a entity, that didnt comsume energy, but in the script, I was doing every tick entity.energy=entity.energy-1000, so it was allways compsuming energy, and it showed really weird values, it is with the f-mod, and not even the released version, I dont know what was the problem when I did it in vanilla, I guess it was the other bug.
Well, the write property of energy didn't check for negative values, so it could cause strange things, it is fixed for 0.9.4 now.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex wrote:
ficolas wrote:
Well, the write property of energy didn't check for negative values, so it could cause strange things, it is fixed for 0.9.4 now.
It shouldnt set it to negative values, I also had a check to see if energy was bigger than 1000

Code: Select all

if entity.energy>1000 then
entity.energy=entity.energy-1000
end

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

The bug is reproduced every time I start a new game.

As far as I understand, it's fixed for 0.9.4

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

DRBLN wrote:The bug is reproduced every time I start a new game.

As far as I understand, it's fixed for 0.9.4
I couldn't get it to do the same as it did for you (wrong consumption numbers). For me it was showing wrong production numbers. That was fixed and in theory it could have caused errors for consumption as well, so let's see with the next release :D

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

I have this bug too, i dont use Mods.

Look at this Video: http://youtu.be/QzD-9wW6Z70

The numbers change randomly and also there is no *1000 Multiplicator. The used Multiplictator looks weird.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Tami wrote:Look at this Video: http://youtu.be/QzD-9wW6Z70
Can't check your video as it is marked private

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »