Multiplayer name in Single Player

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Multiplayer name in Single Player

Post by Targa »

Joined a multiplayer game for the first time the other day. Picked a name. Later, when I played my single player game I noticed I now had my multiplayer name displayed during the single player game (on the minimap). It seems to have been written into the save file somehow, because I changed my multiplayer name in the options screen, connected to multiplayer and I correctly had the new name, but when I go back to my single player game I still have the old multiplayer name. Loading older game saves (from different maps) takes me back to the default of not having any name displayed. It's really annoying now to see my old MP name all the time in my current game. AFAIK, in single player the player shouldn't have a name displayed at all on the minimap. If I open the console all the previous commands from this game and other games are prefaced with the old MP name. Is there any console command to remove the name and stop it from being displayed on the minimap?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer name in Single Player

Post by prg »

Code: Select all

game.local_player.name=""
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Multiplayer name in Single Player

Post by Targa »

Thanks for that! It solved the issue of my old MP name showing up on the map, but I still think it's some kind of bug that should be addressed (low priority). Even after using the above command, when I open the console all the previous commands are still prefaced with my old MP name. And how/why did it happen in the first place? And why didn't the name change when I changed my MP name? Very odd behavior.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”