Broken save

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Broken save

Post by crazybmanp »

Today i started my Factorio install to play on my factory that i have kept since the game got out of the Kickstarter. I do have a backup, although it is quite old.

I am wondering if any people know enough about the storage format or could point me in the right direction of what might have gone wrong with my latest saves (since 0.8.8).

i can confirm that the game works properly other than the 0.8.8 branch of this save.

Here is the save download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/res023dte1nlhlr/dasdf.7z (forum wouldn't allow me to upload)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Broken save

Post by slpwnd »

Hi, thanks for the save. The broken save looks like a bug in logistic system (de)serialization. I moved it to the bug reports and we will have a look at it.

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crazybmanp »

ok, cool.

Some more info for debug purposes: This is running on Win8 x64. The saves are hosted through a symbolic link on my conventional hard drive, as Factorio had placed my save folder in appdata on my SSD (this could be a source of some strangeness possibly). The save has gone through every conversion since i got the game during the indiegogo. (i just couldn't bring myself to start a new one). It can also be noted that it bugged out all autosaves and backups of this save in seemingly the same way, so it should be reproducible.

This is by far my favorite game in the past year or so, even better than any triple A title. I have poured near countless hours (except for the fact that the game counts) into this game and i never find myself getting bored. Keep up the amazing work!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello I made a fix so the save is now loadable (nice factory btw ^^)

I just have one question, did you use some mod that adds logistic containers and then removed that mod?

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crazybmanp »

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I think I did experiment with some mods back in the previous update. I usually restored a non-modded backup of the file but it would definitely possible that at one point I didn't. It was probably the blueprint mod, or one of the bigger crafting mods (like forestry).

I'm sorry that I can't remember what mod it was as it could be useful information. Go ahead and ask me anything else that is useful to you. Thank you for the compliment, like I said the save has been through it all (and soon will be upgrading with the fluid update, yay). Like I said, I love the game, and I never get bored. Keep up the amazing work!

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

crazybmanp wrote:Hmm. Now that you mention it, I think I did experiment with some mods back in the previous update. I usually restored a non-modded backup of the file but it would definitely possible that at one point I didn't. It was probably the blueprint mod, or one of the bigger crafting mods (like forestry).

I'm sorry that I can't remember what mod it was as it could be useful information. Go ahead and ask me anything else that is useful to you. Thank you for the compliment, like I said the save has been through it all (and soon will be upgrading with the fluid update, yay). Like I said, I love the game, and I never get bored. Keep up the amazing work!
if the problem lies with logistics network chests, then it would be my mod. no other mod adds stuff to the logistic network.

my guess, the devs should add something in the game that checks if the mod is no longer available, and then it simply wont load the savegame.
or some add some methods for us mod makers to add a remove check that it will no longer be stored in the savegame when deleted.
(just some random thoughts)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The mechanism is already there ofcourse, how else could anyone remove the mod otherwise?
Just sometimes we forgot about some not in one of the custom data structures, like in this case.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”