Chain Signal Inconsistent Behavior

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
epitaph
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Chain Signal Inconsistent Behavior

Post by epitaph »

I'm seeing an issue where chain signals are not behaving in an consistent manner.

In the picture below, I expected the chain signal allowing NW travel to be blue since only one of the two possible exits to the block has a train in the block but it's showing up as red.

In the picture below, I removed the opposite SE signal and the NW chain signal is behaving as expected (blue).

In the picture below, I shifted both chain signals one tile to the southeast added back the opposite SE signal and the NW chain signal is behaving as expected (blue).

In the last one below, I removed all the straight diagonal rail, placed the curved rail, placed the chain signal, and then added the diagonal rail. The chain signal is showing up as green but the expected behavior is blue.

This tells me that the chain signals, while being shown as spanning the merge point between the curved rail and diagonal straight rail (yellow block arrows), one rail instead of both at the merge point. Either signaling the rail that it was first attached to, or it is only signaling the rail to which is closest to it. I have not tested this with normal rail signals do not know if normal rail signals also exhibit this behavior

Seems similar to the following two bugs but wanted to let you know in case it wasn't:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17757
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14347

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Chain Signal Inconsistent Behavior

Post by HanziQ »

You are correct, this is the exact same issue, which is due to be fixed for 0.13.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Another issue which is possibly the same bug: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23678&p=150340#p150317

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, it is fixed as part of the signal indicator (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-134)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”