MP Desyncs 0.12.22 (modded)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

MP Desyncs 0.12.22 (modded)

Post by tetryon »

I'm on a modded MP public server (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 53&t=15488)

Only me and one other person on. When I'm not on, all is well. When I'm on, every few minutes there's a desync. I restarted factorio, logged back on 10 mins later, and there's another desync.

To reproduce? Log onto the server, do nothing, and wait a few minutes.

Previously today there haven't been any issues, however there have been other temporary desyncs happening on previous days.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log with the desync
(26.91 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: MP Desyncs 0.12.20 (modded)

Post by Rseding91 »

Are you able to reproduce the issue without the mods? If not, can you please attempt to find which mod may be causing the issue? (remove half, test, repeat until mod is found).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MP Desyncs 0.12.22 (modded)

Post by tetryon »

Rseding91 wrote:Are you able to reproduce the issue without the mods? If not, can you please attempt to find which mod may be causing the issue? (remove half, test, repeat until mod is found).
I see what you're asking, but I don't own the server, unfortunately. It belongs to NoPantsMcDance (details on the link). It's dedicated, headless and public.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

tetryon wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Are you able to reproduce the issue without the mods? If not, can you please attempt to find which mod may be causing the issue? (remove half, test, repeat until mod is found).
I see what you're asking, but I don't own the server, unfortunately. It belongs to NoPantsMcDance (details on the link). It's dedicated, headless and public.
And to confirm version, this is 0.12.22 (not .20).

I did some troubleshooting - this didn't get me an answer, but may help you:

I joined back into the server, desync'd again, then saved the map. I loaded the map on my own computer (non dedicated) as MP server, and have not had any desyncs or errors pop up with myself, for what it's worth.

I also took a 2nd computer, installed all the mods, used a different (new) name and fresh character player, then connected to the MP server and after a couple of minutes had a desync.

I then saved the map and placed it onto my 2nd computer, ran it as MP, then connected to it from my 1st computer, and haven't had any problems on either.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Try to remove beacons if you have them installed.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

kaZ wrote:Try to remove beacons if you have them installed.
We don't have them last I saw. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Devil, who was on with no issues solo, logged off and came back, and is now getting desyncs.

I'm seeing errors from YARM (mod) regarding not knowing where my character is.

Oops! YARM has forgotten (or never learned) where your real character is. If you can find them in the world, point your cursor to them and type ...(some /c command....)

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Currently not in a position to play mod roulette atm. I also noticed that the server hasn't created a desync report since feb 13th so not sure what that's about. If we could narrow down what mods it might be that would help.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

did anyone die near the time of the desyncs, with a lot of inventory?

-- Smoov

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

Had no problems playing for a few hours last night. Logged on this morning and had insta-desyncs which weren't affecting others. Rebooted the computer, tried again and had the same problems.

Any suggestions welcomed... not sure why it's affecting just me. I'm getting a consistent and decent ping rate to the server.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

tetryon wrote: Logged on this morning and had insta-desyncs which weren't affecting others.
All of this sounds quite familiar to me (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=19756). As kaZ suggested looking for and removing (manually) all beacons would be my first approach, but by now nobody should be able to join successfully, so its a bit late for that...
If it is indeed that problem, reloading the last save would fix it for everyone until someone builds a new beacon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Anyway, as this is version 0.12.22 related, and we fixed desync issues in 0.12.23, I'm moving this to resolved until new report in 0.12.24 is created.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”