[0.12.19] [kovarex] Chem plant sprite is backwards

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.19] [kovarex] Chem plant sprite is backwards

Post by The Phoenixian »

Exactly as it says in the title: When the chemical plant is facing north-south the input is on the section with the large pipe while the blocky pit with three pipes is the output and the green goo vat is on the left side. When facing east-west on the other hand, the chemical plant's large pipe faces the output while the little pipes are instead the input and the goo vat is on the right.

This can be seen when rotating a chemical plant, as the inputs will rotate clockwise while the sprite rotates anticlockwise. (Most apparent by paying attention to the vat of green goo.)

Here's an image to show what I mean.

This doesn't appear to be just me as, looking through videos and screenshots, it goes back as far as the trailer.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.19 -minor, visual only] Chem plant sprite is backwards

Post by sillyfly »

The same thing happens with the pumping jack.
I could have sworn I posted on it a while ago, and the devs said it was intentional, as it looks better this way. I can't find the post, though.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.19] [kovarex] Chem plant sprite is backwards

Post by kovarex »

Thx for the report, it is fixed for 0.12.20.

The pumpjack has a different logic and it works properly.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”