[0.8.0] Attacked in peacefull

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
pjodron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.8.0] Attacked in peacefull

Post by pjodron »

So, im running a game with the smallest enemy precense i can have to be able to get those alien tec and also running the game on peacefull.

as i feel its more intresting (for me) to do the factory stuff i have concentrated on that and havent attacked any enemies, i havent even found a base of theirs yet. then after 10hours building my base i suddently get attacked by small and medium biters. with NO base defence and NO weapons (wich ofcourse is my fault but then again its on peacefull) im kinda screwed here.

what happend?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.8.0] Attacked in peacefull

Post by kovarex »

Hello,
to be honest, I have no idea what happened, but my guess is, that it is bug of some sort as they should never attack on peaceful.
Providing the save (best before the attack, but any would help) would let us inspect it and find out what was wrong.

pjodron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pjodron »

Sure, the earliest save i have is 4 min before the attack, another one at 2min and then just at the attack
i sent an email with the saves

i just hope that i did not do anything realy stuiped like forgetting to click on peacefull

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. This was caused by an enemy expansion that for some reason failed and then the group went on to attack the nearest player location (standard behavior). This will be fixed in 0.8.1 by disabling the expansions in the peaceful mode.

Just a small tip to keep your save: Open the console (press ~) and then type: game.killallenemies()

pjodron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pjodron »

No problem,
and thanks for the tip, even tough it does (and it did) save my game for the immediately future i am starting to see expansions comming up from the bottom map, so i think i will be soon overrun by theirs expansions.
so i think its just as well if i start over with out enemies.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I'm playing on peaceful mode and i have bitters attack very often (every 3-5 min on game.speed = 2). I noticed that are not quite attacks like in normal mode (they are not attracted by pollution). Bitters just going throe my factory to establish new base but just after they arrived to that place (in the middle on my factory), they start attacking everything in sight range.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Neotix wrote:I'm playing on peaceful mode and i have bitters attack very often (every 3-5 min on game.speed = 2). I noticed that are not quite attacks like in normal mode (they are not attracted by pollution). Bitters just going throe my factory to establish new base but just after they arrived to that place (in the middle on my factory), they start attacking everything in sight range.
Since 0.8.1 that should not be happening anymore. If your version is later than that could you please post the save?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”