[0.12.13] Intermittent crash when loading games on Mac

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Nudibranch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.13] Intermittent crash when loading games on Mac

Post by Nudibranch »

This happens to me as well. When loading a game it will error and bring up the window twice, then close factorio. When I then start factorio again it will load just fine.

This happens 100% of time when I restart my computer. Aside from that it appears to happen about 50% (guestimate) of the time. Otherwise the game runs wonderfully @60fps.
Current Log
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 M

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.13] Intermittent crash when loading games on Mac

Post by kovarex »

Nudibranch wrote:This happens to me as well. When loading a game it will error and bring up the window twice, then close factorio. When I then start factorio again it will load just fine.

This happens 100% of time when I restart my computer. Aside from that it appears to happen about 50% (guestimate) of the time. Otherwise the game runs wonderfully @60fps.
Current Log
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 M
Your problem is, that you have too many graphics resource hungry mods for your graphics card. Try removing some of the mods or (obviously) getting card with more video memory.

Nudibranch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.13] Intermittent crash when loading games on Mac

Post by Nudibranch »

Thanks for the quick feedback. I could swear I used to get this error on vanilla, however I was unable to reproduce the error this weekend on numerous attempts (with Vanilla).

Thanks again!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”