Immortal Turrent 0.7.5

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Immortal Turrent 0.7.5

Post by Darthlawsuit »

I have made an immortal turrent that attracts biters so much that attacking them does not change their aggro. I made a save just for loading it, do you want the save?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Immortal Turrent 0.7.5

Post by kovarex »

Darthlawsuit wrote:Do you want the save?
Sure :)

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

kovarex wrote:
Darthlawsuit wrote:Do you want the save?
Sure :)
Made a save just for this bug :P

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/4 ... t-zip.html

I will miss that immortal turret, it provided me better protection than all of my walls and laser turrents combined

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

That turret needs a medal or something lol. It's like Rambo-turret

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

TGS wrote:That turret needs a medal or something lol. It's like Rambo-turret
Should have seen it before, 5X the number of Biters attacking it. I had to use 50 gallons of flamethrower fuel to reduce the lag the huge swarm was causing.

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

Hahaha!
I know what you did there. You whacked it to 'death' with your pickaxe right?
I was out running through biter bases with my shotgun and a few zillion combat robots and just flat ran out of steam once. No bullets left, all my combat robots used up, with ONE worm left. I had some nice MK2 power armor and my shields regenerated faster than the (medium?) worm could damage them so I figured I'd just whack it to death with my pickaxe..
The worm went all the way down to zero hitpoints and wouldn't die! I returned with a fresh swarm of combat robots and lots of flamethrower/shotgun ammo and even under a withering shower of flames/lasers/pellets, the thing just wouldn't die! I haven't tried it but I bet the same would work on our own turret.

Anyway, Darth, it would probably be more helpful to the devs if you just posted the savegame and any information on how to reproduce it right off the bat. These guys are trying to make a living off the game. The easier you can make it for them to squash bugs, the better.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Psycho0124 wrote:Hahaha!
I know what you did there. You whacked it to 'death' with your pickaxe right?
I was out running through biter bases with my shotgun and a few zillion combat robots and just flat ran out of steam once. No bullets left, all my combat robots used up, with ONE worm left. I had some nice MK2 power armor and my shields regenerated faster than the (medium?) worm could damage them so I figured I'd just whack it to death with my pickaxe..
The worm went all the way down to zero hitpoints and wouldn't die! I returned with a fresh swarm of combat robots and lots of flamethrower/shotgun ammo and even under a withering shower of flames/lasers/pellets, the thing just wouldn't die! I haven't tried it but I bet the same would work on our own turret.

Anyway, Darth, it would probably be more helpful to the devs if you just posted the savegame and any information on how to reproduce it right off the bat. These guys are trying to make a living off the game. The easier you can make it for them to squash bugs, the better.
Haha nice, but I did not use my pickaxe at all and I have been unable to reproduce it. I had about 30 biters swarming around 50 laser turrents and that one turrent got bugged. It had so many biters around it that it somehow got bugged. No idea how =/

I only noticed it was immortal when the bugs stopped and never chased me down.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I'm not exactly sure what was the cause of the bug, but I fixed few things that could cause it.

I found some bugs concerning this (Killing turret with the pick, land mine or smoke (poison cloud, it can't kill any turrets now, but in modded game, it could)).
This was caused by the fact, that these kinds of effects didn't carry the Force identifier of the source of the original damage.

(Didn't you use mines around these turrets?)

I also added code, that will kill all turrets in this state in transition from the older versions as well as immediate game crash when similar thing happens in the future.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

kovarex wrote:I'm not exactly sure what was the cause of the bug, but I fixed few things that could cause it.

I found some bugs concerning this (Killing turret with the pick, land mine or smoke (poison cloud, it can't kill any turrets now, but in modded game, it could)).
This was caused by the fact, that these kinds of effects didn't carry the Force identifier of the source of the original damage.

(Didn't you use mines around these turrets?)

I also added code, that will kill all turrets in this state in transition from the older versions as well as immediate game crash when similar thing happens in the future.
I did use some mines, but I don't think they were in range of that turrent (Unless it got like 1 splash damage). It was in the middle of about 50 turrents, it just happened to be the survivor. My energy grid was being drained so the turrents were not firing at full speed. All of those turrents was swarmed by about 20 biters.

I'm not too sure what caused it either, do exploding turrents cause splash damage?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”