[0.12.x] Cannot load save file (Rail/station destruction related)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Themziss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.x] Cannot load save file (Rail/station destruction related)

Post by Themziss »

So I am trying load my save file but get the messag: "Error when creating segment 39713, found rail already connected to segment 39712).
I have searched the forum and other people seemes to have had similar issues and they have posted their save files here so that is what I am gonna do:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i804a907yb8m ... d.zip?dl=0

Appreciate any help :D

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cannot load save file

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report. We haven't figured out what caused the save corruption, but maybe you could help us. Do you remember anything noteworthy happening on the rail (or related to rails/trains/stations/...) near selected spot on screenshot bellow (the train station on screenshot is "Copper (South 4)"):
Fmodded.jpg
Fmodded.jpg (91.76 KiB) Viewed 4903 times
Anyway, here is your fixed save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f14838lm4v7c ... d.zip?dl=0

Themziss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Cannot load save file

Post by Themziss »

Thanks for the fixed save!
I do remember that the rail section displayed on the screenshot was attacked and alot of rail was destroyed by biters. At the same time I got the warning about the area getting attacked, I got a warning that a train had no path due to all the destruction. Also the train stop was destroyed. No idea if all these events caused the bug. Thanks again! I love this game so much.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.x] Cannot load save file (Rail/station destruction related)

Post by kovarex »

Actually, I did some tests, and I found out, that the game crashes (or behaves strangly), when stop is killed (but becomes ghost), than the rail is killed and then the stop is revived.

I made a test of situations like this and fixed the problem (quite simple fix actually).

As it is the only hint, lets assume it is fixed for 0.12.14

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”