[0.12.3] Personal roboport grabs from toolbelt

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Shrikey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.3] Personal roboport grabs from toolbelt

Post by Shrikey »

I encountered 2 bugs, which might work as intended, but anyways:

- Construction bots from a personal roboport grab their stuff from the toolbelt first, instead of the inventory. I need to refill my toolbelt again after they've built.
- The car can shoot itself :P.

I had 3 'bugs' initially, but one already got solved from 0.12.2 -> 0.12.3: shooting a wall, while standing with your back to it. Thanks alot for that!

- One last thing: I'd really like inserters to grab items from the end of a chest. I limit most chests and sometimes put stuff back in the red/limited area. But as it grabs the first item from the chest, it keeps filling the chest up:
2015-08-09 09_50_08-Factorio 0.12.3.png
2015-08-09 09_50_08-Factorio 0.12.3.png (328.36 KiB) Viewed 8372 times
- One really last thing: the construction robots from the personal roboport (PR) randomly builds stuff ordered. It would be much more efficient when they build the closest thing. For example: when building a 14x100 road at once, robots will now fly to the end of the PR's reach and back, taking time and energy. When the'd build the closest thing, I could slowly walk to the end and it'd be built much faster.

Did I mention I really love PR's?
Last edited by Shrikey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.3] Personal roboport grabs from toolbelt

Post by Kirk »

3 bugs in one message, so I guess I can add mine since it is related and also not really a bug ;)

Personal roboport construction robots love to grab the item I have placed under my cursor to plop it down in the place of the ghost I just placed by shiftclicking with the item under my cursor.

This essentially prevents me from using one item and shiftclicking with that to have construction bots place the stuff from storage instead. Though this could also be seen as a conflict between personal robots and those from the logistics network, which I guess you would prefer to come instead. Not sure if there actually is any sensible solution. I suppose you could limit personal robots from not taking items from your hand or even your toolbelt. But if you have a stack there you may want them to actually use that. So I dunno.

As for the chest thing, I would love it if they grabbed from the end of the chest as well.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Kirk wrote:3 bugs in one message, so I guess I can add mine since it is related and also not really a bug ;)

Personal roboport construction robots love to grab the item I have placed under my cursor to plop it down in the place of the ghost I just placed by shiftclicking with the item under my cursor.

This essentially prevents me from using one item and shiftclicking with that to have construction bots place the stuff from storage instead. Though this could also be seen as a conflict between personal robots and those from the logistics network, which I guess you would prefer to come instead. Not sure if there actually is any sensible solution. I suppose you could limit personal robots from not taking items from your hand or even your toolbelt. But if you have a stack there you may want them to actually use that. So I dunno.

As for the chest thing, I would love it if they grabbed from the end of the chest as well.
If you want to use the "single item robots from the logistic network build" - don't use the personal roboport.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

These are not actually bugs, but small feature requests.

But I will do them anyway, because the changes are very simple, and these things were annoying me as well.

So the the main inventory has now bigger priority when picking stuff from character and the order of slots inserter takes into consideration has been reversed for 0.12.4

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

kovarex wrote:But I will do them anyway, because the changes are very simple, and these things were annoying me as well.

So the the main inventory has now bigger priority when picking stuff from character and the order of slots inserter takes into consideration has been reversed for 0.12.4
This is what makes Factorio so amazing: you have an issue with it - it just gets solved! :D :D :D Many thanks to Kovarex and the rest of the development team for making my favourite game happen! :lol:
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

@kovarex Since there has been a discussion about bots taking away stuff already I'm not sure if it's been mentioned: Could you forbid them from using item the player is currently holding in his hand? So at least the stack I'm using to tell them where to put the rest is safe.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Shrikey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shrikey »

W00t! Superthx kovarex for the superfast reply & fix!

I am a projectplanner for a devteam of 8 guys and I'm really amazed how fast you guys get things done!

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

Gandalf wrote:@kovarex Since there has been a discussion about bots taking away stuff already I'm not sure if it's been mentioned: Could you forbid them from using item the player is currently holding in his hand? So at least the stack I'm using to tell them where to put the rest is safe.
This is basically what bothered me as well, but, what if you have a stack of 50 in your hand?
Rseding91 wrote:If you want to use the "single item robots from the logistic network build" - don't use the personal roboport.
Well, I guess that is the solution. It's just that you have to switch in and out the armor items each time you leave the base.
kovarex wrote:and the order of slots inserter takes into consideration has been reversed for 0.12.4
That is totally awesome!

AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

I'm so glad to see the storage order was changed. It really kinda messed up my control when pulling from the first slot.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Shrikey wrote:I encountered 2 bugs, which might work as intended, but anyways:

- Construction bots from a personal roboport [...]- One really last thing: the construction robots from the personal roboport (PR) [...]fly to the end of the PR's reach and back,[...]
Shrikey wrote:Did I mention I really love PR's?
:shock: :shock: no, I had no idea. I definitely could not have guessed from the fact you came up with an abbreviation for the system. :roll: :P
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”