[0.12.1]Crash with allegro audio addon

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Titan21
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.1]Crash with allegro audio addon

Post by Titan21 »

After investigating some more I was able to create a working minimal case:
https://mega.nz/#F!v85XnbYQ!6otxvpXyfNU7jUTVbx5ohA

Theres a Video, the Save and the log.
It reliably crashes the game, if its the first save I load after loading the game.

//Edit: Minimal-er Case
As you can see in this Video apparently the problem is the playback at an impossible position of the sound file.

I think I can't narrow it down even more, at least not without some more debugging-tools ;)

Let me know if you have more ideas :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Titan21 wrote:After investigating some more I was able to create a working minimal case:
https://mega.nz/#F!v85XnbYQ!6otxvpXyfNU7jUTVbx5ohA

Theres a Video, the Save and the log.
It reliably crashes the game, if its the first save I load after loading the game.

//Edit: Minimal-er Case
As you can see in this Video apparently the problem is the playback at an impossible position of the sound file.

I think I can't narrow it down even more, at least not without some more debugging-tools ;)

Let me know if you have more ideas :)
You, sir, deserve a cookie. The video was the clue we needed to understand what is going on. Due to an error in the inserter activity function, that returned negative number in this case, the position in the sound sample was also set to a negative value.
This was most probably the cause of all these problems.

I fixed the cause, and I also added strict check of the value in our sound internals, so the game crashes for everyone if similar things happen, so we would find out sooner.

Fixed for 0.12.7

Titan21
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Titan21 »

I'm glad I was able to help :-)
Don't forget to tell the allegro guys, so they can also include a check for negative sample positions.

I will go and eat a cookie now ;-)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”