[0.12.0][slpwnd] Actions during save strangeness

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.0][slpwnd] Actions during save strangeness

Post by boro »

When you press a key during autosave, if you then load that save, that action will continue on its own for a seemingly random amount of time or until you press the action's key again.
Like if you're shooting during an autosave, if you then load that save, your guy will fire off some more shots (I got random results between 0 and 15 shots with the same savegame).
Can be tricky when loading an autosave with you driving the car for example, the car will drive on its own instead of slowing down.
Reproducable with normal save too if you keep the key pressed during the whole save procedure.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.0][slpwnd] Actions during save strangeness

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report, this will be fixed in the 0.12.1.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.0][slpwnd] Actions during save strangeness

Post by SilverWarior »

Let me guess. Multiplayer uses same savegame routine that is used for autosave.

Now for multiplayer I guess this information is required (new player gets full savegame of the current world).

So as a programmer myself I see two possible solution for this:
1. Having two separate routines. Possible drawback of this is that you will have to update both of these routines when new features might be implemented in game.
2. Having one routine which is modified in a way that even if some actions information is present in the savegame all action information that is concerning the current player (the one that is loading the savegame) is simply ignored.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”