[0.11.22] [kovarex] Crash when loading savegame

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.22] [kovarex] Crash when loading savegame

Post by ThaPear »

I was happily playing and suddenly the game hangs and stops responding. I kill it, hoping to load one of my autosaves, but all 3 cause the game to crash on load.

I was only using Landfill 2.1.4.
The savegame also lists Harvester-mod 0.0.7, but I have not used any part of it.

What was I doing? Running near my electric furnaces.
saves.rar
(9.27 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
factorio-previous.log
factorio-current.log

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Crash when loading savegame

Post by Twisted_Code »

Based on what happened to me earlier today, I can confirm that the game's save/load system is a bit buggy. As I'm about to make a separate report thread for, it also crashes if you open the one of the save/load dialogues after one of the save file names has been changed, or at least the one last used (assuming that's what determines which one it tries to select?). The specific error is a generic Windows exit code for "file not found". This is a fairly simple bug to catch and correct, so it's clear not much thought has been put into the save/load system, at least since the initial implementation of the auto-select feature in the interface.
Good luck with your problem. I'm not sure I have an actual suggestion for it, but I will say that it's kind of strange that none of the autosaves work. It seems like your installation might've actually corrupted something not part of any of the saves. I would try memorizing your options configuration, copying your saves out of the ./factorio/saves/ folder, and reinstalling (and obviously putting the files back afterwards).
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.22] [kovarex] Crash when loading savegame

Post by kovarex »

Thx for the report, I fixed a bug that is most probably related to that. The save is now loadable in 0.12, so it guess it is fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”