1.1.104 - Quick-Copying a circuit limited station fails to check limit condition at paste

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

1.1.104 - Quick-Copying a circuit limited station fails to check limit condition at paste

Post by mrbaggins »

What did you do?
  • Build a station that has a circuit controlled limit (In my specific case it was an arithmetic combinator tied to a storage tank, which divided the liquid by 25000 and set the output as [L])
  • It all works fine. Make a new station, with a storage tank that does not meet the requirements to get a [L] value above zero. Have everything set except the station name/settings.
  • Quick Copy the original station and paste (The ctrl left/right click shortcuts) on the new one.
What happened?
  • The train limit in the station config (The [Set train limit] tick box and the numerical value in the box after) seems to be applied for a tick, allowing that many trains to be dispatched. In my case that figure is limited to 2, so my newly pasted station immediately gets sent 2/0 trains despite there not being resources there for those trains and the circuit condition saying so.
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
  • Station should have evaluated the condition in the same tick and set limit to 0. Or delayed fulfilling train demands for one tick to let the 0 limit kick in. Or some other solution that meant trains were never sent to this new station
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
  • Every time
If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps!
  • As above.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 1.1.104 - Quick-Copying a circuit limited station fails to check limit condition at paste

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.105.

It was caused by copy settings first copying control behavior which marked the target train stop as having limit set by control behavior. This caused second part where limit value was copied to be skipped since it is not supposed to change limit when target has limit set by control behavior. Fix i did is that when control behavior is copied in a way that enables the "set limit" in control behavior, the last value of manual limit is cleared to 0 which fixes the issue.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 1.1.104 - Quick-Copying a circuit limited station fails to check limit condition at paste

Post by mrbaggins »

Hooray, I did a thing!

Thanks for the good work guys. Eagerly waiting for Space Age.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”