[1.1.104] Helper Available Keys when using gamepad/steamdeck overlay hides messages

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.104] Helper Available Keys when using gamepad/steamdeck overlay hides messages

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Greets, finished a few hundred hours in two factorio servers from the steamdeck, was hoping I'd eventually be able to learn the controls well enough over the mouse/keyboard that I could disable the helper key overlay in the lower-left corner, however I somehow still can't keep remembering even those common ones in all cases (have most down now at least).

However the issue I have is that the key helper is constantly hiding the multiplayer messages list, meaning I miss messages, either the left part of the text or the entire message if short enough. It got to be enough of an issue that the other server players would 'pad' their messages so I'd see them but that would fail when it wrapped around anyway. Eventually they just made their name veeeeery long but still doesn't always great.

Would it be possible to do something like move the messages to the right of the key helper when it is visible in the lower-left or move the key helper window above it or make it manually draggable or something (personally I would love it to be dragable, like getting a draggable header bar when the mouse/touchpad hovers over it so it can be clicked and dragged and moved, as long as it's just not on top of anything important to view or access)?

A screenshot to demonstrate the issue, just typed a message to myself to show how even the very first really thin key helper) it's usually much wider than this) still hides the messages (same issue in pure vanilla or any set of mods, I couldn't find a mod that fixed the issue either):

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] Helper Available Keys when using gamepad/steamdeck overlay hides messages

Post by Twinsen »

Hi, this was mostly fixed for Version: 1.1.105.
The window will try to move up, out of the way of chat messages.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”