[boskid][1.1.97] Crash with Dyworld Dynamics 2 simulation "TransportLineGroup: members.count(related) was not true"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Pepsilian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[boskid][1.1.97] Crash with Dyworld Dynamics 2 simulation "TransportLineGroup: members.count(related) was not true"

Post by Pepsilian »

Game crashes while in the main menu with simulation running. I'm in contact with the dev but we can't find the issue. Had no issue with the unreleased mod version while on 1.1.96.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(56.24 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.97] Crash with Dyworld Dynamics 2

Post by Dysoch »

Issue is caused by the big defense simulation. Disabling that via the utility-constants seems to work and not let it crash anymore.
Testing to see if more simulations can cause it
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Are we talking about a mod error or an actual crash? The log shows neither.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

it is actually both. Since i alter transport belts internally it crashes on that, but it is crashing on TransportLine.cpp as well, which i do, and can not, alter.
I have no idea why it is crashing on this part (look for fast-transport-belt in the log), but it happened with 4 different persons after i released it

It is an actual crash to desktop with popup and the question to show the log.
Prior to the Big-Defense simulation it shows nothing with TransportLine.cpp in the log, then once Big-Defense simulation starts, it crashes right away

If it was an mod error, i would have fixed it myself :D
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

okay, i looked at the log Peps posted, which isnt actually the crashing log

I have attached it
Attachments
factorio-current (1).log
(43.25 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

Pepsilian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.97] Crash with Dyworld Dynamics 2 simulation "TransportLineGroup: members.count(related) was not true"

Post by Pepsilian »

Sorry, my bad. Been testing a lot with other mods too to find out why it crashed and didn't think about the log being rewritten anew. Thanks Dysoch for reupload.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.97] Crash with Dyworld Dynamics 2 simulation "TransportLineGroup: members.count(related) was not true"

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.98.

`menu-simulation-big-defense.zip` background simulation from base mod uses fast-loader which is of type `loader` however DyWorld-Dynamics-2 forces `fast-loader` to be of type `loader-1x1`. Because of a mistake i did long time ago it fails to process transport line groups of entities created as part of type change migration and so it tried to merge all groups in the game but actually it only merges groups of loaded entities. Because fast-loader (of type `loader`) is being discarded and new fast-loader (of type `loader-1x1`) is created, it is accidentaly not included in a full groups rebuild, merge happens and a consistency check sees there are still some groups that should be merged but were not merged.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”