[Twinsen] Can I disable controller input?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
runner111
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Twinsen] Can I disable controller input?

Post by runner111 »

I've been playing Factorio for five years with Xpadder and a controller. A recent update to Factorio added controller support, and of course it is set to always register the raw controller input even when "Keyboard and mouse" is selected on the "Controls" menu.

I have unbound every command shown in the "Controller" submenu of "Controls," and eliminated most of the conflicts, however, the raw controller input from L2 and R2 interfere with any keyboard commands I map to those buttons in Xpadder.

Is there any way to stop Factorio from registering and responding to the controller inputs, as was it's function until this year?

sb17joker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Can I disable controller input?

Post by sb17joker »

yes, please, anyone? I also have a custom controller layout I've used for years, & would love to disable built in controller support

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Can I disable controller input?

Post by Twinsen »

I sounds like L2 and R2 are triggering Shift/Control modifiers even in keyboard mode. This sounds like a bug so I'm moving this to Bug Reports and will investigate it.

I want to keep controller support in keyboard mode for power users and accessibility, for those that want to map actions controller buttons even in keyboard mode.

sb17joker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Twinsen] Can I disable controller input?

Post by sb17joker »

I use the controller in keyboard mode, but use an external program to do it, & the built in controller support makes it act wonky, like I have my left trigger setup as a "B" for blueprint book, but when I use it half the time it give me new blueprint which is what the native controller setup has. I use a mousee in my right hand & a controller in my left. other games with built in controller support use "-nogamepad" in the launch command to disable, maybe the devs could ad that option.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen] Can I disable controller input?

Post by Twinsen »

Should be fixed in Version: 1.1.93 which should be released as experimental in a day or two.
I disabled the following behaviors in keyboard and mouse mode:
- L2 and R2 interfering with keypresses by simulating Ctrl and Shift
- A and Y simulating mouse buttons
- vibrations playing

This is all I found that might interfere with your setup.

I also added a "--nogamepad" command line option(thanks for the suggestion). But please first test without using the option to find if there are other strange behaviors and interference that I should fix.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”