[1.1.87]Keyboard layout is not consistent

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
N0rd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.87]Keyboard layout is not consistent

Post by N0rd »

I noticed recently, that undo hotkey, Ctrl + Z does not work for me. Ctrl + Y does undo instead.
The hotkeys config shows Ctrl + Z for undo.
Previously, it worked fine for years.

I am on Windows 11 and use Hungarian QWERTZ layout (so my Y and Z are switched places from the common international QWERTY). This is the only layout enabled in my OS.

After further experimentation, I found out that certain game elements(?) use different keyboard layout than others.
When I enter the hotkey settings, select an input setting field and press Z or Ctrl + Z on my keyboard, it sets to Y or Ctrl + Y instead. And the other way around too.
When I write something into the console, or a search field, Y and Z works fine, according to my QWERTZ layout.
So, when I try to use or config a hotkey, it uses QWERTY layout, otherwise it uses QWERTZ layout correctly.
I tried the hotkey config page with multiple other layout-specific keys too, and it always showed the QWERTY key counterpart.

Another (I think) related issue, is if I press (alphanumeric) 0 in some input fields (but not in others), it opens the console instead of writing 0.
For example, when I try to write a number into a circuit rule config field, it opens the console. When I write it into the crafting search field, it writes 0. Also, if I press it in the console, it closes the console instead of writing 0.
0 is another key that is on a different location on the QWERTZ layout than it is on the common English QWERTY.

Previously I used 0 to open the console, but it worked fine, if any text/number input was active, it worked as a character.
For now, I can circumvent it by using the numeric keyboard 0.

I tested it on another computer with an older Windows 10 system, with the same keyboard layout, and the same problem was present.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by N0rd on Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.87]Keyboard layout is not consistent

Post by Loewchen »

Are you writing QWERTY phonetically or is there actually a U next to the Q on your keyboard?

N0rd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.87]Keyboard layout is not consistent

Post by N0rd »

You are right, I wrote QWERTY and QWERTZ wrong everywhere. Sorry!
There is no U between my Q and W keys.
Edit: I fixed it in the original post.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Donion] [1.1.87]Keyboard layout is not consistent

Post by Donion »

Thanks for the report. I've found where I've made a mistake when I was updating SDL. I'll get it fixed soon.

N0rd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by N0rd »

Great, thank you!

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

The issue is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”