[1.1.83] Changed 'Craft' keybind is also used in assembly machines

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Trisher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.83] Changed 'Craft' keybind is also used in assembly machines

Post by Trisher »

This seems to be at least an undocumented change: Until recently (I think 1.1.82) you could change the 'Craft' keybind which does not affected the selection in assembler machines. This is some kind of unfortunate for me as I has emptied the keybind to prevent myself from accidently crafting things and mess up with the lazy bastard achievement.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.83] Changed 'Craft' keybind is also used in assembly machines

Post by Rseding91 »

Sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying. The assembling machine does not use any hotkeys. It is driven by clicking with the mouse.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Trisher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trisher »

Exactly, this is also the inital keybind for 'Craft' (Left-Click). If the keybind for 'Craft' is removed you are also unable to click a new recipe in the assembler.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I see that indeed there was a behavior change here. In 1.1.80 when i have craft, craft5 and craftAll bindings cleared, i can still select a recipe using AssemblingMachineSelectRecipeGui while not being able to craft using controller gui, however in 1.1.85 it is not possible to select recipe using AssemblingMachineSelectRecipeGui. This looks to be related to RecipeSlot's setting mouseButtonFilter. Having any of those 3 bindings have any weird combination that is left button related makes it working again.

Trisher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trisher »

I can confirm that I can assign a new recipe when the Craft keybind is ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+Left click.
This will work for my case well enough, thanks for the hint.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Thanks for the report. The behavior change was by accident so the old behavior was restored.
Fixed in Version: 1.1.86.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Trisher wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:48 pm
This seems to be at least an undocumented change: Until recently (I think 1.1.82) you could change the 'Craft' keybind which does not affected the selection in assembler machines. This is some kind of unfortunate for me as I has emptied the keybind to prevent myself from accidently crafting things and mess up with the lazy bastard achievement.
FYI you can also use the permissions system to disable crafting by typing /permissions and using the GUI there. Then you won’t have to bind/unbind when you switch saves.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”