[boskid][1.1.81] Game crash caused by cut operation

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
asfoitio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[boskid][1.1.81] Game crash caused by cut operation

Post by asfoitio »

I was playing K2SE and the game crashed after I used Ctrl+X to cut a small area of buildings.
After trying again several times, the game didn't crash after the cut operation, but it crashed when I used Ctrl+Z to undo the operation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18GsxOH ... sp=sharing
stuff
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(36.21 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.81] Game crash caused by cut operation

Post by Loewchen »

That is the wrong log.

asfoitio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asfoitio »

I just opened the game save and did the same cut operation again, resulting in the same crash. I have uploaded another log in the hope that it will help you fix this problem.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(115.2 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I am unable to sync all mods with this save as there are is no "AnimationFreeze" and "aotixzhcn" mods on the mod portal, loading without those mods complains on incorrect inserter stack size and loading without some mods disabled from previous steps fails in osha_hot_swap handler in on_configuration_changed.

asfoitio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asfoitio »

Sure, I have uploaded a new game save file and log file without those mods. I had the same surgery again and had the same crash. Therefore, I can conclude that this issue is unrelated to these mods.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Ok i was able to reproduce the crash using only Advanced Fluid Handling mod and Fluid Must Flow mod. It is related to this configuration:
106105-fmf-afh.png
106105-fmf-afh.png (36.1 KiB) Viewed 1717 times

asfoitio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [boskid][1.1.81] Game crash caused by cut operation

Post by asfoitio »

Thank you, I now understand the source of the issue. So, how can I solve this problem? Should I wait for a game update or provide feedback to the authors of these two mods ?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.81] Game crash caused by cut operation

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.82.

As for a temporary workaround, the issue is based on the fact that the Advanced Fluid Handling's pipe-to-ground connects on both sides so when it is removed it tries to reconnect 2 nearby pipes-to-ground. Issue is that first connection was going to AFH's pipe to ground which wants to connect to FMF's pipe to ground, but FMF's pipe wants to connect to the other FMF in its range. When one connection is fixed the other one entered an unusual condition where both ends to connect were already connected and the logic was not prepared that it may need to disconnect both ends from unrelated entities when trying to connect them together. Workaround would be to get rid of those large pipe-to-ground from FluidMustFlow temporarily, then get rid of the AdvancedFluidHandling pipes and rebuilt them in a way they do not cross-connect.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”