[1.1.81] Icon dump fails for some icons

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ilbJanissary
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.81] Icon dump fails for some icons

Post by ilbJanissary »

1. Attempting to use the --dump-icon-sprites command with the mod "Space Exploration" (space-exploration) and its required dependencies, to get icons from this mod for use in FactorioLab.
2. Several icons are output as blank png images. This includes many icons in the "item", "recipe", and "technology" folders, such as "item/se-capsule-behemoth-biter.png", "recipe/electronic-circuit.png", and "technology/se-space-simulation-ab.png"
3. The icons for these items / recipes / technologies appear to be OK in the data set, and appear OK inside the actual game, so I would expect the icons output by the --dump-icon-sprites command to match.
4. As far as I can tell, this always occurs for the icons in question, but does not occur for other mods I have tested including 248K, Pyanodons, and some others.
5. To reproduce, install and enable space-exploration, and run factorio.exe --dump-icon-sprites, then check the output.

I will attempt to determine what is unique about these icons and add more information, but at a glance they seem to be fairly normal icons. The other tool I use to dump data, the mod factoriolab-export, is able to dump these icons from within a running game without any trouble.

ilbJanissary
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.81] Icon dump fails for some icons

Post by ilbJanissary »

Upon further investigation, it seems that what the failing icons have in common is that the first icon in the icons table contains a "shift" field.

EDIT: Moving on to other data sets, I also see this in some other mods, yet again where the first icon contains a shift field, e.g. "gas-compressed-air" from "angelsrefining".

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Are these perhaps icons where shift takes the contents partially or wholly outside of the canvas? I know with some values you can have techs drawing outside of their "box" in the tech tree, for example.

ilbJanissary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ilbJanissary »

Probably; that is not all that uncommon in modded data sets.
An example of the data from the SE small biter capsule, which fails:

Code: Select all

"icons": 
      [
        {
          "icon": "__space-exploration-graphics__/graphics/icons/vatling.png",
          "icon_size": 64,
          "shift": 
          [
          ]
        },

{
          "icon": "__base__/graphics/icons/small-biter.png",
          "icon_size": 64,
          "shift": 
          [
          ]
        }
      ],

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ilbJanissary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ilbJanissary »

You're amazing, thank you.
This was the only real blocking issue preventing me from finishing the new mod data scripts for FactorioLab. I've already run it for all the supported data sets and everything seems good, except for these few missing icons.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”