[1.1.81] Crash in main menu using Less UPS mod "A wild INF appearead in TrivialSmoke"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SpeckledFleebeedoo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.81] Crash in main menu using Less UPS mod "A wild INF appearead in TrivialSmoke"

Post by SpeckledFleebeedoo »

When using the Less UPS mod, the game will crash while sitting in the main menu with background simulations enabled. Log is attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Locomotive aficionado. Also known as Train Tech

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.81] Crash in main menu using Less UPS mod "A wild INF appearead in TrivialSmoke"

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Why report a crash for a mod that was discontinued over 2 years ago? The mod auther specifically even points you to using a different mod....
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.81] Crash in main menu using Less UPS mod "A wild INF appearead in TrivialSmoke"

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The issue is now fixed for the next release however the fix is to disallow setting specific trivial smoke prototype values outside of a specific range. In this case the mod blindly changed the movement slowdown value of 3 trivial smokes such that they tried to "slow down" by an invalid value and ended up speeding up instead. They sped up so much the final speed value was infinite.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”