[boskid][1.1.76] Any chances recovering this save?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [boskid][1.1.76] Any chances recovering this save?

Post by coppercoil »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:46 pm
They all say that backups are the end user's responsibility.
They all are old-fashioned applications. Most of existing software are poor examples. This is so common, so people think this is normal and this thinking pattern is just buried in the brain.
Let's imagine an application says "we work regardless off your RAM issues. Why? Because we can. Other applications can't. Are we good or not?"
It should be noted, not all issues can be solved in this way. If RAM fails every five minutes - this is end user's responsibility. If RAM fails once a month, this can be solved in several different ways. Zero-click solution is a modern way.

I don't say autosaves are not necessary, they are very good for different purpose, which is not our topic. I mentioned autosaves just as an example that user does not need to know backup details for recovering gamesave. Maybe, this was not the best example, please don't focus on that. I promise to write better example if someone will ask for it :)
I want the developers of a game to concentrate on development of a game, not backup features
I want the developers of game to take care of overall player's experience including every single aspect: gameplay, backups, error checking, application updates, mods downloading, and 100 other things I'm not aware of. We can upgrade Factorio by clicking one button, right? We also can go to website, look for "download" page, choose file for required OS, press "save as...", run downloaded install, press "next next next finish". This is old-fashioned way to upgrade software, no one want this. Factorio updates are implemented right. You can do either way, but I don't believe you'll say "why Factorio implemented download feature which duplicates efforts done by browser developers".

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”